Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 5.0 Tech

Old
  (#11)
Mwood
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Mwood will become famous when the world comes to an end.

04-13-2012

That really is impressive! Man, the new Coyote engine is a true world beater! As far as bang for the buck no one can touch it. You'd have to look at Euro tuners alke AMG and Dinan to match the performance at double the price.

Old
  (#12)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwood
That really is impressive! Man, the new Coyote engine is a true world beater! As far as bang for the buck no one can touch it. You'd have to look at Euro tuners alke AMG and Dinan to match the performance at double the price.
I tend to agree with this! And what's really impressive (though not so much for the aftermarket I guess) is how efficient the various systems are right from the factory. 45+ hp from deleting the cats and installing long tubes aside, I doubt the gains I get from the CAI will be nearly as impressive. I'll still install it though, as there has to be something to be gained from it and I really don't want to leave anything on the table. The next big decision (after the Brawl) will be do we go for 500 hp and ante up for the Comp Stage 2 cams, or do we blow right past the 600 hp mark and go straight for the blower? 500 NA hp does sound like a cool deal........

Old
  (#13)
popeye
Collective Permanent Resident
popeye is a total phucktard

04-13-2012

There have been some increadible gains made by swapping Throttle bodies as well. Don't over look that. That is a pretty big HP gain. New tune should be interesting. Post some pics of the new ride height

Old
  (#14)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

04-13-2012

Damn impressive!

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Old
  (#15)
rygen
Owner - MustangCollective.com:..a 12 gauge Remington, S-Mart's top of the line!!!
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

04-13-2012

Wow, great gains. Can't wait to see your next ET's.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#16)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

04-13-2012

those are fantastic engines and built right here in sothern ontario at our ford windsor plant 90 minutes down the road from me.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#17)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

04-13-2012

Here's the dyno sheet from today's festivities. I left the baseline run sheet at the shop, but it was actually 356 and change.

The drop was not nearly as significant as I would have liked (got an honest 1" in the front and just over 1.25" in the back), I guess I can't complain for the price I paid for the springs! LOL! Besides, we all know a lowered car doesn't 60 foot for crap.

As to the new exhaust sound, well, let's just say that yes, it is obnoxious, but in a crispy, raspy '03 Cobra kind of way. I'll try and get a decent recording of it tomorrow, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The intake is scheduled for delivery early next week, so she'll be back at the shop for the install and tune then, and likely going to throw some 3.73's at her as well.

Old
  (#18)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye
There have been some increadible gains made by swapping Throttle bodies as well. Don't over look that. That is a pretty big HP gain. New tune should be interesting. Post some pics of the new ride height
I've already talked to the shop about the BBK. They are wanting to get one in and play with it, so I might get dealer cost on it as well.

Old
  (#19)
Chente_04
Collective Junkie
Chente_04 is working on being a goody goody.

04-13-2012

Hey Bryan just out of curiosity are you worried about any potentail warranty issues down the line? Or did you just say forget the warranty and went at it?

Admittedly I havent dug too much into it and am probably going off old info but I read some issues with piston #8 from knock senors cuz of tunes. And Ford voiding warranties because they track computer changes now.

I should probably be doing more research right now instead of opening my mouth lol.

12 5.0 - Borla Atak mufflers - Current Ride
08 GT - Carbon Fiber Steeda Intake, Corsa Xtreme Mufflers, Pypes LT w/ H Pipe - Totaled
06 V6 - Hi Po Xcharger, Shaftmaster Driveshaft, Dual Boral Stingers - Sold
99 V6 - The car that started my Mustang craze - Gone

Old
  (#20)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chente_04
Hey Bryan just out of curiosity are you worried about any potentail warranty issues down the line? Or did you just say forget the warranty and went at it?

Admittedly I havent dug too much into it and am probably going off old info but I read some issues with piston #8 from knock senors cuz of tunes. And Ford voiding warranties because they track computer changes now.

I should probably be doing more research right now instead of opening my mouth lol.
If you're going to play this game, you pretty much don't worry about any potential warranty issues. Or as the shop says, you pays your money and you takes your chances. I've always been of the mindset that if something does happen, I'll just fix it. Been that way with all my cars.