Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 4.6 Tech

Seat airbag resistor
Old
  (#1)
tanders
15-Second Member
tanders is working on being a goody goody.

Seat airbag resistor - 11-23-2016

I have a question about using after market seats in a 2010. I have the seats installed and have installed the resistor XF2Z-14B022-AA from ford and have moved all my sensors and bladders over from my old seats. My airbag sensor is still on.
Does anyone know if this resistor plug is wrong? I know with 2011 you have to change resistance of the plug.

Old
  (#2)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

11-23-2016

You really need to read the airbag code(s) to figure out what things are causing the error. There's a procedure to getting the airbag to flash or something; forgot exactly how.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
tanders (11-23-2016)
Old
  (#3)
tanders
15-Second Member

11-23-2016

It flashes twice then solid on.
I have a reader coming that is supposed to be able to read air bag and clear the code. We will see how I make out with that. Ford dealership is $75 to hook it up since my normal code reader won't read it.

Old
  (#4)
tanders
15-Second Member

01-04-2017

Alright,
Here is what I came to ford charges $75 to clear the code. I bought a bluedriver code reader since you average code reader can not clear these codes, it was supposed to read and clear these codes it did a great job and only costed me $100 and I have it for future issues (hopefully I do not have any).

Secondly, the 2010 falls into the same category as the 2011 for the airbag resistor delete. You will need to modify the plug to get to 2 ohms resistance vs what it come with (6 ohms)

Got the airbag lights all fixed/repaired. If anyone wants new to I can show how I modified the plug to get to two ohms.

Tim

Old
  (#5)
shaft311
shaft311 is working on being a goody goody.

04-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanders View Post
Alright,
Here is what I came to ford charges $75 to clear the code. I bought a bluedriver code reader since you average code reader can not clear these codes, it was supposed to read and clear these codes it did a great job and only costed me $100 and I have it for future issues (hopefully I do not have any).

Secondly, the 2010 falls into the same category as the 2011 for the airbag resistor delete. You will need to modify the plug to get to 2 ohms resistance vs what it come with (6 ohms)

Got the airbag lights all fixed/repaired. If anyone wants new to I can show how I modified the plug to get to two ohms.

Tim
Tim,

I would very much appreciate your showing how you modified the plug. I just installed 2013 Boss 302 Recaros in my 2011 GT and would like to see how you did it. There are lots of forums with this topic but honestly nobody has clear instructions for a non-electronics guy such as myself to do this the right way. I'd looked at the Recaro plug/resistor kit for this, but would much rather DIY. I can solder and do the physical work. I just don't know exactly what to do here as far as which/how many resistors or exactly where in the plug to insert them/how they are held in the harness, etc.

Thank you.

The Recaros are AWESOME. Feels like a completely different car.

Last edited by shaft311; 04-10-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Old
  (#6)
tanders
15-Second Member

04-10-2017

I wI'll definitely get you more info on it tonight. But for now you can look at the pictures and see how I used a Dremel to cut the top of the plug off. Once the top of the plug was removed I just clipped the old resistor out and soldered my resistors in the plug. I also filled the end with hot glue to protect and to clean the look of the plug up.

Did you get the pressure sensor out of your old sets and put in the Ricaro seats? There will also be a track position sensor that you need to mount on your new seats.

And the corbeau seats I have are a lot better than the stock seats hands down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170104_220927.jpg (381.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20170104_220948.jpg (375.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20170104_222544.jpg (372.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20170410_123017.jpg (399.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tanders; 04-10-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Old
  (#7)
shaft311
shaft311 is working on being a goody goody.

04-12-2017

Thank you. This is good info.

I didn't move anything from the factory seats - only installed and plugged in the Racaros. I was hoping there was a way around moving any pressure sensor to the new seats as I'd hate to have to disassemble two seats, reassemble, only to do the same thing if/when I sell the car and keep the seats. I've seen how-to articles on how to swap that out, but I've also seen people installing seats with no provision for the passenger occupancy sensor that are able to eliminate the airbag light without doing anything to the sensor.

I didn't know about the track position sensor. I assume this applies to both power or manual seats? My factory seats are power-driver/manual-passenger, and the Boss 302 seats are full-manual adjustment.

Did you transfer the occupancy sensor into your new seats?

Thank you again for posting those photos.

Old
  (#8)
tanders
15-Second Member

04-21-2017

Sorry about the long response time. I will get more info for you. I did have to switch over the occupancy sensor and track position sensor. I mounted the track position sensor the same way as factory. You can probably trick this sensor though. I see your seats have an airbag tag on them are you sure your not plug and play?