Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > General Tech

Oil catch cans
Old
  (#1)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

Smile Oil catch cans - 11-12-2016

Unfortunately, I did't think to snap a photo, but here's what I found when I took the JLT 2 oz capacity oil catch can off of my 3.7 for inspection. I had less than 2500 miles on the engine since installing it. The can was half full of oil. The car does not have forced induction and I don't drive the car hard. I was amazed at the amount of oil caught and thus not recirculated through the intake manifold, onto the backs of the intake valves and into the combustion chambers and spark plugs. If you have any engine - 4.0, 3.7, 4.6, 5.0 - and there is an oil catch can available , GET AND INSTALL ONE!

The Following User Says Thank You to RedfirePony For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (11-12-2016)
Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

11-12-2016

Agreed 100%. I have two on my car and they both catch oil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160712_203947.jpg (414.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_184421.jpg (448.3 KB, 9 views)

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom titanium valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.