Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Racing Forums > Mustang Collective Racing Team

2013 Results are up!
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky

2013 Results are up! - 12-14-2013

See the weekly results thread.

Street Mod: El Caballo Corre - congratulations Joe. Even though you stopped for the end of the season, and you have a new PB on your ET for the year.

Track Mod: This was the most hotly contested of the classes and the winner, once again, JimC - no PB's for ET the year, but did cut two new PB on the light. JimC also had the most track visits, with Brumby close behind on visits but couldn't catch the points.

Pro Mod: Very little action in the Pro Mod, like the Street Mod class. And once again TexasBlownV8 with his one dial in takes the class.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.

Old
  (#2)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky

12-14-2013

I just noticed that the header still says "2012" - didn't notice that all season!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf End of Season 2013 MCRT.pdf (217.5 KB, 1 views)

Old
  (#3)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

12-14-2013

We need to talk about next year guys. As you can see we had very little participation again this year. The costs have been on Todd to support the site as well as the MCRT and I don't think it is fair to him that only a few of us sign up, and then only a few take the time to post up dial ins and results.

I spoke with Todd about it this year and told him that if there isn't any more interest maybe we should skip it for next year? Thoughts?

Old
  (#4)
EJSchmidt
Work hard, play harder.
EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

12-14-2013

I try to support the site with frequent donations. I wouldn't mind shouldering a little more of the load.

4.0 - Breathing Better
4 Points of Contact - Sticking Better
Driver - Still Slow
349rwhp 362rwtq

In the hunt for 400 at the wheels.

I got moderated by Lisa.

Coming Soon: More Power, more traction, more fast!

The Following User Says Thank You to EJSchmidt For This Useful Post:
El Caballo Corre (12-14-2013)
Old
  (#5)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

12-14-2013

I really wanted to get out a little more this past year, but my schedule at work has been all over the map. Making the Brawl and the RTJR are about all I could do. I doubt I'll sign up for 2014, since it looks to be more of the same for work.

That said, I will also help out with costs associated if we have enough interest.

Old
  (#6)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtime! View Post
I really wanted to get out a little more this past year, but my schedule at work has been all over the map. ...

That said, I will also help out with costs associated if we have enough interest.
I had planned on making more trips, but the car wasn't right, then weather played a big part in me not getting out as much. Naturally I get all set to go by November and every weekend there's weather issues. Next I plan on at least double the trips I made this year....keep in mind, that I made several track visits before the official start of the season, too.

Back more to topic and issue, can we encourage others to get out and enjoy safe racing? Everyone is so busy and doing other things these days. If participation is this light, perhaps we should defer it for a year; but, once one year goes buy without, chances are it wont be back.

As far as costs, I dont mind contributing to help out. Financially, it would make sense to have an entry fee to cover expenses, but that could (and would to some) deter participation. With only a handful of avid racers, this may need to change. However, we should have some kind of way to share experiences and compete with each other. So I'm not really in favor of dumping the program just yet.
...just a brainstorm of an idea..if the ranking was changed to be based more on who using the person's highest score for any one track visit instead of a cumulative result, that may make it more appealing to others. Granted it can be intimidating when you know someone is going to make 5 visits and rack up hundreds of points while you can maybe make one or two visits, or worse, are afraid to even try because of being embarrassed about not being able to make many points in a visit. Of course this is suggesting a complete format change, and maybe for now, that is something we should consider. Then have like 1st, 2nd, 3rd place or something and no separate classes.

Regardless, even if we don't do an official mcrt, I'd like to continue the 'dial-in' posting format where we encourage each other and comment on results. For those meting up at the brawl, this can lead up to some interesting grudge matches .

(Anyways, thanks Jim for managing this during the year!)

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

Old
  (#7)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

12-14-2013

Great ideas, keep them coming.

Old
  (#8)
El Caballo Corre
Doing more with less....
El Caballo Corre has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

12-14-2013

I love the idea of the MCRT. It gives me something to do besides just shooting for a new personal best. It is challenging to keep from breaking out. Since I can only make 4 track visits a year it makes it that much more challenging. I would like to keep it going and I plan on participating next year if we do. I say have a fee to compete just like a car show if money is an issue. I would pay it. It is just a thought.

J&M Extreme Joint UCA and LCA's
JLT True Cold Air Intake
Spec 1 clutch
SLP Line Lock
FRPP 4.10 gears
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
SCT Tuner
15" Racestars & MT ET Street Drag Radials (for track)
Glass Roof
Leather Seats
18 inch chrome wheels
SSS Adrenaline Exhaust
Summit X Pipe
Detroit True Track Differential
Tinted windows
mrbodykit window louvers
Shaftmaster 3.5" one piece aluminum driveshaft
GMS Front and rear safety loops
MSD Launch Master 2 step
Che K member brace
Che torque limiters
Che anti squat brackets
Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plugs
Koni single adjustable shocks/struts: THEY WORK!
Prothane Motor Mounts

Personal Best
1/8 mile 8.05 at 85.38 mph
1/4 mile 12.66 at 106.89 1.64 60 ft
El Caballo Corre