Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Other Interests > Food & Spirits

Attended Ardberg Night
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

Attended Ardberg Night - 06-03-2016

Ardberg holds these events regularly around the country. Last night we had it at Steelhouse Tavern in Troy, MI. Pretty good event, all free -- food and 4 samples of Ardberg.

Tried the 10 year old - pretty smokey but good. I don't really like a lot of peat where it feels like I was chewing a cigar and this was fine, just a little more than I like. Could definitely pick up the bourbon cask aging.
The pours were pretty good, didn't think to get a picture of this one until I had some of it.

Then on to the Uigedail - named after the river near the distillery. Much smoother than the 10 year old, still some smoke but not overpowering. And a good sized pour.

Next up was the Corryvrecken. Very different taste here because it was aged in new french oak barrels.

And ended with a Dark Cove, release just last week. They supplied the dram on this one, in an Ardberg tasting glass. Only $110 a bottle. One of my friends ended up winning a bottle as a door prize (and all I got was a T-shirt that looks more like a small than an XL!).

The Dark Cove is VERY tasty. A lot of toffee note to it, and very smooth.

If you get a chance to attend one it is well worth going to - sample some great whiskey, have something to eat, maybe win a great door prize, and all free so can't beat the price!

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

06-03-2016

That looks bloody yummy lol

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to rampant racing For This Useful Post:
JimC (06-04-2016)