Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Other Interests > Food & Spirits

Old
  (#11)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

03-11-2015

great! glad it turned out.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Some tasty whiskeys for Scotch Tasters Club tonight.
Old
  (#12)
EJSchmidt
Work hard, play harder.
EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

Some tasty whiskeys for Scotch Tasters Club tonight. - 03-26-2015

Tonight I'm having a taste of Gary's country: Spicebox Canadian whiskey. I must say, it's certainly not a whiskey for the purist but goodness is it a change from the ordinary and absolutely delicious!

Whiskey from a spiced rum barrel, heavy on the spices.

4.0 - Breathing Better
4 Points of Contact - Sticking Better
Driver - Still Slow
349rwhp 362rwtq

In the hunt for 400 at the wheels.

I got moderated by Lisa.

Coming Soon: More Power, more traction, more fast!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EJSchmidt For This Useful Post:
JimC (03-26-2015), rampant racing (03-27-2015)
Old
  (#13)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

03-27-2015

ethan I was born in SCOTLAND lol either way you look at it it's my country .

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to rampant racing For This Useful Post:
EJSchmidt (03-27-2015)
Old
  (#14)
EJSchmidt
Work hard, play harder.
EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-27-2015

I wasn't born; I just simply was. I wasn't hatched nor created in a lab, I just showed up one day and claimed these two people as my parents. It's been a symbiotic relationship ever since.

4.0 - Breathing Better
4 Points of Contact - Sticking Better
Driver - Still Slow
349rwhp 362rwtq

In the hunt for 400 at the wheels.

I got moderated by Lisa.

Coming Soon: More Power, more traction, more fast!

The Following User Says Thank You to EJSchmidt For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (03-27-2015)
Old
  (#15)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR

03-27-2015

get off the crack ethan lol

Old
  (#16)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

07-14-2015

I guess I haven't updated this in awhile. We had our get together last night, and another 5 whiskeys to taste. With July of course we did various American whiskeys.

Here was the view we had, one of the members lives on the St. Clair River and he always hosts the July get together.

And the evenings line up:

Westland, out of Seattle. Great nose with vanilla and coconut notes. A young 92 proof. Maple and vanilla on the tongue, long finish.

Journeyman, a young Michigan whiskey with 1% of the profits going to "betterment of golf". A toffee after taste in this 90 proof.

Stranahan's out of Colorado. Similar to a bourbon profile, some say a rye taste. 94 proof. Toffee and vanilla nose, a little maple on the finish. A little bite in the after taste in a very drinkable barley single malt.

New Holland (Michigan) Cask and Smoke. 90 proof. Interesting, despite the name none of us detected any smoke in the nose or the taste. Somewhat a vanilla sugar or sugar cookie taste. Again very drinkable.

And our "kitty malt" -- we paid $254 for this bottle of 90 proof Elijah Craig aged 23 years in a single charred oak barrel. Limited edition Kentucky bourbon. Little spice in the nose. I got caramel on the finish and some iodine on the nose with some water added (about 8 drops is all).

All very good whiskeys and would be good for someone without a lot of experience with whiskey. Nothing overpowering about them.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#17)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

09-20-2015

I had to miss the August gathering unfortunately, but we met this last week and tasted some great whiskies.

18 y/o Glenmorangie
Glenmorangie Tusail
Glenmorangie Companta
Ardbeg Perpetuum
Our Club Kitty Malt - Glenmorangie Tagtha

Our host Monday has quite a personal collection:

And since it was his birthday he brought out something. He bought his own cask and aged this bottle of Grand Traverse. The aging process in the small cask is supposed to be the equivalent of almost a year every 3 weeks due to the size. He aged it for 3 months.

All were very good, only one had a small hint of smoke but not overpowering the flavors. The evenings' line up:

Next month is the "bang for the buck" series - inexpensive whiskies that are supposed to have a premium taste.

Unfortunately October will be my last meeting for awhile. With the short lived retirement and the new job 1.5 hours away, I won't be able to be back for whiskey tasting very often. After October it may be March 2016 before I can be at a meeting - with the new condo we have enough room to host the Irish whiskey tasting still at our place.

Old
  (#18)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

12-25-2015

I missed the November meeting due to work, but made the December 14 meeting. I had a chance to try out the "kitty malt" from November - The Balvenie. Not bad for "only $349.99 if you buy it now!"

Here is the evening line up for our regular 5 tastings

All very good, not too smoky

And my wife picked out some bourbon for me:

Old
  (#19)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

03-14-2016

Irish Night! Since we moved to a condo we couldn't host this year - things aren't ready here yet with converting the lower level to an Irish pub. So everyone was disappointed about missing out on my wife's food spread of various Irish dishes.

But some very tasty Irish whiskies tonight

Last edited by JimC; 03-14-2016 at 09:44 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (03-15-2016)
Old
  (#20)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

06-11-2016

Found something new Jameson Cask Mates - pretty tasty. A Jameson Irish Whiskey aged in old craft beer barrels. Just a hint of smoke, little bit of pear and spice on the nose, the beer hops come through on the palate along with some chocolate, hint of the smoke, with a touch of butterscotch

Only about $30 for this one. Good buy I think.

I'm hoping to get back in town in time for our Second Monday Scotch Club next week.