Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Other Interests > Food & Spirits

Scotchy scotch scotch ...
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

Scotchy scotch scotch ... - 02-10-2014

Our Port Huron Scotch Tasting Society had its monthly meeting tonight and we had 4 very nice single malts to sample. Plus the leader brought the special "kitty" bottles from prior meeting this year in case someone hadn't had a chance to sample one or just wanted a chance to taste the $550 bottle again.

Still haven't found a whiskey that I didn't like by the way.

This one was my favorite of the night. A little bit of ripe bananan and toffee on the nose, and smooth going down. Very tasty.

The next two were more smokey/peat but not overwhelming and very tasty.

Next month the tasting is at my house as host - appropriate since it is March and we are sampling Irish whiskey. I have to pick up a bottle of Tullamore Dew 12 year old for the sampling - and will probably bring out my Jameson's Special Reserve 12 year old I brought back from Ireland as well.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

02-11-2014

have a couple snorts for me jimmy boy!

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#3)
pyro92
Plays With Fire
pyro92 is a total phucktard

02-11-2014

I get a lot of flack for being so young and liking scotch but damn is it good. Very nice looking selection!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SMR#3286

07 Satin Silver V6 4.0l Turbo

Old
  (#4)
Sarge1400
retarded timing
Sarge1400 is a total phucktard

03-04-2014

My son-in-law has developed an affinity for scotch. I tried some 18 year old Glenmorangie when I saw him a couple weeks ago, and while I can't say it was bad, I can't say it was good either. I just don't care for scotch. I prefer dark heavy beers myself, chocolate stouts are some of my favorites.

Old
  (#5)
jnewman1991
Collective Junkie
jnewman1991 is a total phucktard

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I prefer dark heavy beers myself, chocolate stouts are some of my favorites.
Try Southern Tier Choklat if you can find it. One of my favorite chocolate stouts. Also I believe Great Divide is about to release their Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti sometime soon, which is my favorite.

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
"LeaveMeAloneIKnowWhatToDo". - Kimi Räikkönen

2009 Pony Package
Go Mods: C&L CAI, 93 race tune from Bama, Pypes mid-muffler system, eBay short tubes, J&M Street LCAs, and 8.8 w/ 3.31s.
Show Mods: Tinted tails, 8 inch shorty antenna, interior trunk release, and glass roof.
Best 1/4: 14.37 @ 94.8