Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Old
  (#11)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfirePony View Post
Very nice looking house. I think that you'll enjoy living there as the winters won't be as harsh.

Be sure to check out Piedmont Drag Way once you get settled. It's located between Greensboro and Burlington. My nephew lives in Burlington and introduced me to the track. I've been to two events at the track. I've been to many tracks in Florida and Alabama, but this 1/8 mile track is one of the best facilities that I've ever seen. It has great events and competition. I've been to Z-Max for the Four Wide Nationals in 2013, but enjoyed the events at this track more than Z-Max. In fact The second time I went to Piedmont in 2015 was the same weekend that they held the 4 Wides at Z-Max. The nephew and I decided to go to Piedmont instead of Z-Max and we were glad we did. Great track with great competition. Truly grass roots racing at it's finest.

http://www.piedmontdragway.com/
I noticed that most of the tracks are 1/8 mile instead of 1/4. I have to check them out. Thanks

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.

Old
  (#12)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I noticed that most of the tracks are 1/8 mile instead of 1/4. I have to check them out. Thanks
With the technology available to racers today the speeds at the end of the quarter are getting pretty hairy. With that in mind I think more facilities are going to the eight for insurance and liability reasons. Also there are the physical limitations on drag strips. With the speeds attainable today on a quarter mile stripe, the shut down area becomes an issue. The shut down part of the strip is fixed, yet the speeds are much higher than years ago. I think this explains the proliferation of 1/8 mile drag stripes vs 1/4 mile strips. There were Pro mod type cars and rails at Piedmont turning in the upper 4 second range at well over triple digit speeds in the eight. I did't think 1/8 mile racing would be that good but it was at this strip.

Last edited by RedfirePony; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:42 PM.

Old
  (#13)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Sounds good Bill. We were just watching "Ginormous Foods" and they were in Charleston and Pat said "we need to go there and check those places out"
Charleston is a great food-lovers city. There are so many excellent choices for eating. Most places downtown are not inexpensive, but we have enjoyed some wonderful meals here. We are setting up a guest room upstairs this weekend for some visitors later this month. Sorry to say that the room is already booked for the solar eclipse in August.

Congrats again on the new place!

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

The Following User Says Thank You to 28HopUp For This Useful Post:
JimC (3 Weeks Ago)
Old
  (#14)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

2 Weeks Ago

Congrats Jim I love NC, looks like a nice place.

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to firestang70 For This Useful Post:
JimC (2 Weeks Ago)
Old
  (#15)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

1 Week Ago

Pretty cool man! I have a lot of family there, mostly in Charlotte and Hendersonville. I have property in Bryson City that I planned on retiring on, but the way things are now, I may never get to retire! LOL!

The Following User Says Thank You to Downtime! For This Useful Post:
JimC (1 Week Ago)