Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 3.7 Tech

High speed noise question
Old
  (#1)
jek57
15-Second Member
jek57 is working on being a goody goody.

High speed noise question - 03-14-2016

Just had some 3.55 ford racing gears installed along with a set of rear BMR lcas on my 2012 liken the gears for sure anyway when at highway speeds 60-75 i notice more road noise because of the lcas i suspect and the gears seem dead on no whine or grinding the guy who put them on is a ex ford tech who had his own shop now older guy who is perfectionist type of guy whose done many gear swaps ..So when i got on it a few time i got this somewhat loud noise from underneath almost like driveshaft noise but no vibration .If i m just crusin at highway speeds it sound fine just when i get on it..Any ideas i read on other site any those controls arm making things sound louder .

Old
  (#2)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-14-2016

The stiffer materials that the control arms and bushings are constructed of are probably allowing more noise from the tires and axles and rotational noises from the gears inside the differential to be transmitted to the body. The new suspension parts are probably acting like a gigantic doctor's stethoscope. They're letting you hear everything that's going on.

Old
  (#3)
jek57
15-Second Member

03-14-2016

I'm thinking that's what it is im hoping ..the gears at city and highway speeds sound fine no whining or grinding noises plus with the gears the shaft is turning faster i might just put the oem arms back on to see if thats the problem also i feel it through the floor at times...

Old
  (#4)
jek57
15-Second Member

03-28-2016

So i took off the Bmr lcas much quieter with the stock ones back on no gear noise shaft sounds good all is good with the gears and the stang like these 3.55s