Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Vendor Forums > X-Charger Superchargers (EE)

X-Charger oil change
Old
  (#1)
maxshuty
14-Second Member
maxshuty is working on being a goody goody.

X-Charger oil change - 1 Week Ago

Hey guys,

I've got >75k miles on the X now, what type of oil do I need to get for the oil change, and where can I get this oil? Also I was unable to find any tutorials on changing this oil, is there anything special to it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Max

X-Charged HI-PO 2.8 Pulley | Aeroforce interceptor & autometer gauges | Tuned by Bamatunes | Pioneer in dash Touchscreen DVD | Sequential Taillights | Roush louvers | Black Billet front Grille | Rear Blackout panel | 3" Shorty Antenna | Custom Dual H-Pipe w/ GT manual takeoff's | 10" Sub | Spoiler Delete

Old
  (#2)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

1 Week Ago

Here is a link on the subject. Your fill plug is in a different location (front), but this will work for you.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/G...er-Oil-Change/

Also, I believe JimC did an oil change on his...if you shoot him a PM, he may be able to walk you through it.

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

The Following User Says Thank You to roddy For This Useful Post:
maxshuty (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#3)
maxshuty
14-Second Member
maxshuty is working on being a goody goody.

1 Week Ago

Awesome thank you!

X-Charged HI-PO 2.8 Pulley | Aeroforce interceptor & autometer gauges | Tuned by Bamatunes | Pioneer in dash Touchscreen DVD | Sequential Taillights | Roush louvers | Black Billet front Grille | Rear Blackout panel | 3" Shorty Antenna | Custom Dual H-Pipe w/ GT manual takeoff's | 10" Sub | Spoiler Delete

Old
  (#4)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

1 Week Ago

No problem...hopefully Jim will be along with any additional first hand input he may have. I probably only have 15k miles on mine, so I haven't really put much thought into it yet.

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

Old
  (#5)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

1 Week Ago

That write up is pretty good, and like Roddy said the oil plug is in the front of the cover, upper left as I recall. I may have done a write up about it when I did it several years ago. The oil he recommends in the link is the correct oil as well. I think I purchased it in ebay - I had some in the garage but who knows where it is after 2 moves now!

You remove the oil plug and have to siphon the oil out of the case. Then you carefully pour the oil in. Once it starts to come out of the fill/drain hole it is done. Just like changing the rear diff. The supercharger doesn't hold a lot of oil.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
roddy (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#6)
Nice Pony
Mod Junkie
Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

1 Week Ago

You can get the oil from Ford or GM or just search for supercharger oil on Amazon. The Ford oil is around $24 for 4oz and the GM oil is around $14 for 4oz. Either one will work just as well. To drain the oil it is best to remove the supercharger so you can remove the plug and set the supercharger on end and let all the oil drain out. When your fill it make sure the supercharger is sitting flat as installed on the engine and fill it until the oil is even with the drain hole.

PS:
The procedure in the posted article will not get as much oil out and will leave any heavy residue or metal particles in the supercharger reservoir but will work OK if that is OK with you.

2006 V6 Coupe Premium - Pony Package
Torch Red - Interior Upgrade - Leather
Explorer Express - X-Charger SuperX TVS @ 14PSI (Prototype)
Tremec - TR6060 6-Speed Manual Transmission (Prototype)
342RWHP 347RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)

See Full List In My Garage

Last edited by Nice Pony; 1 Week Ago at 10:47 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nice Pony For This Useful Post:
JimC (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#7)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Pony View Post
You can get the oil from Ford or GM or just search for supercharger oil on Amazon. The Ford oil is around $24 for 4oz and the GM oil is around $14 for 4oz. Either one will work just as well. To drain the oil it is best to remove the supercharger so you can remove the plug and set the supercharger on end and let all the oil drain out. When your fill it make sure the supercharger is sitting flat as installed on the engine and fill it until the oil is even with the drain hole.

PS:
The procedure in the posted article will not get as much oil out and will leave any heavy residue or metal particles in the supercharger reservoir but will work OK if that is OK with you.
That's how I did it the last time I changed the oil on mine - since I had to pull it to replace the plastic thermostat housing anyway I figured might as well change the oil and get any crap that didn't come out with the siphon method.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures