Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 3.7 Tech

Old
  (#11)
mrjimmy
Collective Junkie
mrjimmy is a total phucktard

09-29-2014

been awhile but I pulled the trigger on a 2014 Pony. 26,000 miles on it. Looking forward to some "gingerbread" options to start out.
Having trouble with the SYNC and my old ipod,but am working on it.
Also looking at Raxiom navigation/radio/rear view camera option. Supposed to be a basic remove and replace,with the exception of the camera.
Anyone with any exp. with raxiom? Also looking at front air dam(flat black) and rear lower valance (flat black) the car is White with tan int. premium package ,,,I think,,,has a pretty beefy front sway bar to...
Hello Boys,,,,,,I'm baaaack lol

The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimmy For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (09-30-2014)
Old
  (#12)
RickG9
15-Second Member
RickG9 is working on being a goody goody.

10-01-2014

Congrats on the new ride, I think you'll like the 3.7 over the 4.0. I traded my '09 v6 for a virtually identical '11 model. I enjoyed the '09, especially the old school exhaust sound, the newer multi-valve engines are light years ahead in power and efficiency but they will never sound as good to my ear as a big bore cylinder breathing through a single exhaust valve, LOL

That said, my '11 does everything better than the '09 did; it pulls harder when I mash the throttle, rides smoother, corners better, and I get on average 5 mpg better than I did with the 4.0.

As far as performance mods for the 3.7 go, there is very little short of a supercharger that will make a big enough difference to actually feel it in the seat. I've put a cold air kit and a tune on mine, mostly because they were the least expensive and easiest mods to do, but they made no difference in the day to day driving of the car and I didn't expect them to either. I've been playing around with different exhaust ideas also, mostly to change the sound more to my liking, but I expect very little change in the actual power when all is said and done.

If you want to make a noticable change in the performance the best bang for the buck will be gears. The 3.7 really takes off when the rpms get over 3k, and while the stock 2.73 gears may be great for hwy mpg they really limit off the line acceleration. If I didn't have such a long commute to work everyday, I'd go with 3.73 gears. IMO they would be the best compromise for a daily driver with this v6. People that drag race on weekends seem to do fine on the street with 4.11 or even more gear, it just depends on how much rpm you can live with on the highway. The 3.7 seems to like as much gear as you can give it

The Following User Says Thank You to RickG9 For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (10-01-2014)
Old
  (#13)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

10-01-2014

yup stuff some gear in that sucker and you will smile for a week. they love to rev and the gear keeps em up in the rrrrrrs. I run 4.10's in mine but it is a 4.0 and it loves it.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.