Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > Regional

Hurricane Irma
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

Hurricane Irma - 09-06-2017

I find that I am paying a lot more attention to hurricanes now that I own a place in North Carolina. This one looks bad - hopefully it takes a turn and isn't as bad as the projections are showing.

This will be my first hurricane, but I am not down there. We were in Winston Salem for the long weekend but are back in Michigan now. My wife is going down at the end of the month, we have a moving company packing things up here on September 29. I will be staying in Michigan for a while, still working, until at least April it looks like.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#2)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

09-07-2017

This is exactly why my wife and I got the hell out of Florida in August of 2012. We are both native Floridians born and raised in Central Florida. Were it not for family on the Space Coast and in Orlando, we'd never go back

Work to us to Birmingham, AL in 1972 and we returned to Florida in 2001 for work and family issues. We were both in property casualty claims. Charlie, Francis, and Jean in 2004, Wilma in 2005 and Faye in 2008 were all of the Florida fun we could stand. We had the misfortune of living on the barrier islands on the Space Coast (Satellite Beach). We had to pack our crap and evacuate for Francis and Jean. In Faye 24 inches of rain fell on Brevard County in 3 days. We were in back yard in the wind and rain digging a trench to keep water from coming in the house. After Faye passed I spend an entire week in a duffer retirement trailer park located parallel to I-95 totaling flood cars.

I retired late 2010 and the wife retired in early 2011. We were sitting at the breakfast table in early summer of 2012. She looked at me and said she wasn't spending another summer/year in Florida. She was leaving for Birmingham and I could come or stay. If I stayed I'd be by myself. After Mathew last year and Irma this year I've decided that my wife is a very wise woman and now I'm glad she gave me the ultimatum.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedfirePony For This Useful Post:
JimC (09-07-2017)