Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Vendor Forums > Atlantic Coast Mustang

Old
  (#11)
Torch Bearer
Collective Spokes Person
Torch Bearer has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

12-12-2009

Good to hear things are going well on your end! Amazing what a little chassis stiffening can do for a car! Lots to be developed, at least there is room for the little guys!
Cant wait to see what you have!

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

Send a message via Yahoo to Torch Bearer  
Old
  (#12)
Sgt Abn
13-Second Member
Sgt Abn is working on being a goody goody.

12-12-2009

The following questions came up on another forum that isn't Mustang specific, so I thought I would share them here as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Mustang Owner)
What are we looking at for cost and do you have an guess as to how much the set up will weigh?

Retail for the kit is $398. The prototype parts weigh in the mid 40s and the production parts should be around or under 40 pounds. The kit will also be available with or without subframe connectors, so if you already have quality connectors, you shouldn't have to take them off. It also means that you can buy it a piece at a time if you can't muster the cash to buy it all at once. If you don't have connectors, you'll like the ones that come with this set. They are longer than most, and really well made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Neon SRT4 owner)
What the hell is it? Obviously its structural. It just stop the frame from tweeking because of torque.

You are correct in that it is structural.
When an OEM builds a car, they have to think of things like ease of assembly, cost of component fabrication, ride quality, etc. The Mustang isn't a full frame car anymore, and hsn't been since the Mustang II came out for the 1974 model year. The Fox chassis 1978-2004 in all of it different skin configurations has a front and rear subframe that don't meet in the middle. They are joined by a series of floor pan panels on the bottom, and other structural pieces that make up the body. A portion of the body comes together in a seam that runs almost from wheel well to wheel well on each side of the car under the door. The picture above shows a system that connects all of the structural components underneath the car to keep everything lined up, square, and relative to other parts of the car. The subframe connectors run under the front seats, and you can see in the pictures where the front bolts fro the front seats actually tie in with the subframe connectors. This is one of the most common upgrades a Mustang owner can make in terms of bang for the buck. This helps keep the car from flexing front to back like a popsickle stick bending in the middle. The second component in the sytem is a set of "jacking rails". They weld up next to that body seam under the doors. In and of themselves, they don't add a lot of extra rigidity to the frame. They do allow you to jack the entire side of a car up with one jack. The zigzag components that you see triangulate the subframe connectors with the jacking rails, helping keep the chassis from twisting under torque, making the car exponentially more rigid than it was from the factory. As the chassis twists, it absorbs torque, which doesn't make it to the ground. If you can't get your HP/torque to the ground, why spend the money on the parts to make it. Mustang owners still need a strut tower brace, k-member brace, shock tower brace, etc. to get all that power to the rear wheels and keep the front wheels in alignment and on the ground. But, if you can't/won't put a full cage in, all the target area bracing isn't a bad deal.

I realize that my explanation was a bit on the simplified side, but he owns a Neon...how much more does he need to know?
 Send a message via ICQ to Sgt Abn  
Old
  (#13)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

01-17-2010

Here's a picture showing the cruddy sub-frame connectors currently in my 85 SSP -

As you can see, they are piss-poor. I plan to remove them at some point, and I will be interested in these in the near future -

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 01-18-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Old
  (#14)
84ttop
Collective Junkie
84ttop is a total phucktard

01-18-2010

I would be interested in this for my 84 T-Top. When do you think this will be available?

1984 Mustang GT350 T Top 20th Anniversary Limited Edition
Mods:
Kbb Long Tube Headers Catback Exhaust, Edelbrock E-Street Cylinder Heads, Edelbrock Performer Carburetor
Edelbrock Performer-Plus Cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Edelbrock High Output Fuel Pump
MSD Ignition & Distributor, Powermaster Race Alternator, Ford Racing Super-Duty T-5 Transmission
Fluidyne High Performance Radiator, SR Pro torque Starter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5-Lug conversion Disc Brakes
8.8 Rear Axle w/ 4.10 Gears w/ 31 spline, American Racing Wheels (Need new set for 5 lug setup TBD)
2006 GT Coupe
Stock (For the moment)
Favorite Quote: Life is Tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.

Old
  (#15)
Sgt Abn
13-Second Member

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ttop
I would be interested in this for my 84 T-Top. When do you think this will be available?
They are available now. Send me an email and I'll hook you up with a quote wwellman@acmustang.com
Old
  (#16)
Sgt Abn
13-Second Member

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28hopup
Here's a picture showing the cruddy sub-frame connectors currently in my 85 SSP -

As you can see, they are piss-poor. I plan to remove them at some point, and I will be interested in these in the near future -

http://www.mustangcollective.com/att...7&d=1260522433
Dude...those are wack! Send me an emai
Old
  (#17)
84ttop
Collective Junkie

01-22-2010

PM Sent as well as email.

Mods:
Kbb Long Tube Headers Catback Exhaust, Edelbrock E-Street Cylinder Heads, Edelbrock Performer Carburetor
Edelbrock Performer-Plus Cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Edelbrock High Output Fuel Pump
MSD Ignition & Distributor, Powermaster Race Alternator, Ford Racing Super-Duty T-5 Transmission
Fluidyne High Performance Radiator, SR Pro torque Starter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5-Lug conversion Disc Brakes
8.8 Rear Axle w/ 4.10 Gears w/ 31 spline, American Racing Wheels (Need new set for 5 lug setup TBD)
2006 GT Coupe
Stock (For the moment)

Old
  (#18)
Sgt Abn
13-Second Member

01-22-2010

reply and quote sent
Old
  (#19)
84ttop
Collective Junkie

01-23-2010

pm sent with zip for delivery quote

Mods:
2006 GT Coupe
Stock (For the moment)

Old
  (#20)
Sgt Abn
13-Second Member

01-24-2010

Hi Ralph,
Delivery quote in your email.