Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Vendor Forums > X-Charger Superchargers (EE)

Dave Vanek saved my butt
Old
  (#1)
Mr. Ugly
Collective ADDICT!
Mr. Ugly is working on being a goody goody.

Dave Vanek saved my butt - 2 Weeks Ago

Haven't logged on to forums in a long long time due to being sidelined with family health issues.

But I just wanted to pop in to post this message of appreciation.

---

Huge thanks to Dave Vanek of Explorer Express for saving my butt on getting my car smogged!

I had been wracking my brains since January trying to figure out why the EGR wouldn't work on my car.

I was running an AM/BAMA emissions tune that passed inspections twice before. But now I was getting an EGR not ready error.

I tested and replaced components, checked calibrations on sensors, downloaded and studied over 1000 pages of factory service manuals and schematics, 100's of pages of OBD2 technical descriptions, went through all kinds of pinpoint tests, flashed and reflashed PCM multiple times, drove 1100 miles of drive cycles, checked wiring, PCM grounds, hoses, PIDs, logged live data, pulled Mode 6 data, checked: IAT sensor, CKP sensor, TP sensor, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, CT sensor, thermostat, throttle motor, solenoids, valves, and more.

Live data showed that EGR was never commanded over 0%. Other testing showed that the EGR monitor got through the voltage and vacuum checks, but just refused to activate the EGR flow during part throttle.

I tried to get the dealer to pull diagnostics on from the car, but they wouldn't touch it at all.

I emailed Dave last month and got a bunch of useful suggestions, but still couldn't figure out the problem.

By now, my registration is expired and I'm coming up on the end of my one time temporary operating permit. I'm figuring that I'll never be able to register or drive the car again.

Out of desperation this past week, I loaded the stock tune and drove the car, being careful to stay out of boost. As soon as I got down the block, the live data showed the EGR to be working fine!

So there was nothing wrong with the car at all. Just that the AM/BAMA smog tune didn't actually activate all the emissions equipment.

Great, so I emailed AM to get the tune fixed, because you know - "free tunes for life". Lots of back and forth emails, but the end result was "no tunes for you" and "we can't find any of your info/files".

This Friday, Dave emailed to see if I got things worked out. After a month, he still remembered my problem and checked in on me.

I gave him an update about the cause of the problem, and how I couldn't get anywhere with AM, the Ford dealer, or the local tuning shop.

By Saturday, he had contacted Doug Studdard(the original and REAL BamaChips, not the one that's currently using the name) and got me a new legal working CA emissions tune for my X-Charger Xtreme.

I loaded the tune and got all the OBD2 monitors to complete in less than 7 miles of drive cycle. So now I can pass inspection and get my tags.

Dave and Doug really came through for me when I needed help the most.

This is what Dave says:

Quote:
I still feel a loyalty to all those who have expressed their confidence in me by buying my products. I've tried to give each X-C owner my best effort. "Your total satisfaction is the only acceptable outcome" has always been more than just a motto to us in all of our businesses. I intend to stay available to any X-man who needs assistance.
And from my experience that is 100% true.

Big thanks!

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!

AEM wideband| Autometer Sport Comp vac/boost gauge | MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires | JBA Silver Ceramic shorties | FRPP X, Dynomax Bullets, Pype Bomb deletes | Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft | 8.8, t-lok, 3.73 | H&R Race springs | Tokico D-Specs & remote adjusters | J&M adjustable panhard bar | J&M lower control arms | J&M upper control arm | J&M lower control arm brackets | J&M camber plates | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | DD Cobra R wheels 18x9/10 | Nitto 555 Tires 255/45, 285/40 | Steeda X5 ball joints | Steeda bumpsteer kit | Steeda front control arm bushing kit | GT takeoff brakes | California Sunscreen 35%/25% tints | Redline hood lifts | Trunk blackout panel | Zabteck throttle body | Ford Accessories GT/CS F/R Fascia

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Ugly For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (2 Weeks Ago), roddy (2 Weeks Ago), VistaBlue09 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old
  (#2)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky  JimC is a name known to all, kinda like Monica Lewinsky

2 Weeks Ago

Dave and Patty are great, always have been tops with customer service.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.

Old
  (#3)
Tman1020
15-Second Member
Tman1020 is working on being a goody goody.

2 Weeks Ago

They definitely seem like great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Tman1020 For This Useful Post:
JimC (2 Weeks Ago)
Old
  (#4)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

2 Weeks Ago

I would not hesitate to do business with Dave again...Great customer service, and he takes a lot of pride in his service and product. It's obvious when you speak to him. It is a rare thing these days to be able to call up a business and speak to the man himself, let alone have him call/e-mail you back just to see how you're making out. good for you and good for Dave.

Once again, kudos to Dave.

X-man #140.

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

The Following User Says Thank You to roddy For This Useful Post:
JimC (2 Weeks Ago)