Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Vendor Forums > X-Charger Superchargers (EE)

70mm Throttle Body Does Not Fit
Old
  (#1)
Tyrannax
15-Second Member
Tyrannax is working on being a goody goody.

70mm Throttle Body Does Not Fit - 07-03-2017

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any issues fitting a larger 70mm throttle body on an XCharger? This thing is so big that the TPS sensor is being smashed into the supercharger. In addition, I believe there is an air leak due to imprper fitment- I really had to smash it in place to make it fit.

Im hoping I'm not the only one who has dealt with this problem. I can't take 100% advantage of forced induction if an upgraded TB won't fit!

Here's some pics:

Old
  (#2)
Alboogie
15-Second Member
Alboogie will become famous when the world comes to an end.

07-13-2017

I've run a BBK TB on my X. Honestly, it's not worth the effort. I ended up having to order a older style TPS and shave it down. All of that and the car wasn't any faster. My 1/4mi times and trap speeds were nearly identical before and after. Also, when I started doing open track events the TB started throwing the car into LIMP mode. I replaced it with a rebuilt stock one and called it a day.

The stock TB flows plenty with this setup. IME there is nothing to be gained from a larger throttle body other than a more lively accelerator pedal.(which could be easily written into a tun)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alboogie For This Useful Post:
TexasBlownV8 (07-14-2017), Tyrannax (07-24-2017)
Old
  (#3)
Cole
15-Second Member
Cole is working on being a goody goody.

07-14-2017

I don't have any personal experience with this but you could try having a shop port you factory throttle body...

Old
  (#4)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

07-26-2017

Jerry strannigan sells them on ebay. Ported and polished and cheap. I use one.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.