Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > General Tech

Ripped Off (My Own Fault)
Old
  (#1)
Nice Pony
Mod Junkie
Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

Red face Ripped Off (My Own Fault) - 07-05-2017

Ok I should know better but I just got seriously ripped off by the Ford stealership!

Received another notice from Ford about replacing the airbags in my Mustang so I figured I would take it in for the free fix.

While at it have them fix the A/C blower that only comes on at high speed. This is a common problem in these Mustangs and requires replacing the blower motor resistor. This is easy to get at and should only take 5 minutes to fix. The Motorcraft part can be purchased on line for $20.

This is the very first time my Mustang has ever been to a stealership for a repair since I do my own repairs as much as possible.

My mistake was assuming they would just put the part in and charge me 1hr shop time which is still a ripoff for this repair.

I know I know never assume anything and I usually live by that standard but it just seemed easier to have them fix it while it was there. My bad!

Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma Washington charged me $348.43 for this repair!

Here is the break down:

$153.00 to diagnose the problem (1hr minimum time charge) (Which any Ford mechanic would know from the symptom)
$40.70 for the part (Which can be found retail for $20)
$153.00 to remove the old part and installed the new one (1hr minimum shop time) (Would take 5 minutes max)
$21.76 for Haz Mat fee (In other words put the old part in the garbage can)
$29.97 Tax (Another rip off since the total was so high)
$-50.00 for customer loyalty (Since I purchase parts from them from time to time. So generous!)

Total: $348.43

Oh well, I did get a free ice Chai Tea at the customer courteous bar!

What a joke! (On me!)

2006 V6 Coupe Premium - Pony Package
Torch Red - Interior Upgrade - Leather
Explorer Express - X-Charger SuperX TVS @ 14PSI (Prototype)
Tremec - TR6060 6-Speed Manual Transmission (Prototype)
342RWHP 347RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)

See Full List In My Garage

Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

07-05-2017

Ouch that sucks.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#3)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

07-06-2017

I hate when something like that happens - especially when I know afterwards that I could have just done it myself, but opted for the "convenience" since the car was already there.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (07-10-2017)
Old
  (#4)
05madmax
Collective Spokes Person
05madmax is working on being a goody goody.

08-06-2017

Youch that hurts. Maybe you can go in for a free chai tea for a few months.

Appearance:
SHR flush louvers, CDC ducktail spoiler, plenum cover

Performance:
Procharger w/ 3" pulley, 2-core intercooler, 39# injectors, MAC LT headers, race ready cutouts, h-pipe, dual flowmaster 40s