Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Figured I'd make one more new thread before we're gone...
Old
  (#1)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

Figured I'd make one more new thread before we're gone... - 1 Week Ago

I just spent the better part of 3 hours here on the forum, going through all the old posts and downloading all my old pictures. Shoot, I even copied my very first post (March 25, 2006) to a word doc so I cold keep it. Hard to believe it's been 12 years. I wasn't the first member, or even the 50th (I'm number 88, for the record), but this place quickly became my online home. I became a mod here shortly after that and have made many friends here, hell, most of y'all I consider better friends than most of my "local" people! LOL! We've seen cars, and people, come and go, but the thing that has never changed is the camaraderie. I don't think there is one person here that I wouldn't make a road trip to hang out with.

But, with that being said...

I definitely am going to miss logging in and browsing the posts, but I do agree that it's time to "put her to bed". Every forum that I'm a member of is heading this same direction, and many have already gone. DFWMustangs is my other forum, and there are still 35,000 or so registered members, but it's the same 25 that do all the posting now, and almost no one has a Mustang there anymore. Times, and tastes, change. We grow up, get older (NOT the same thing, by the way!), get married, have kids, get divorced, etc, etc. The fact that we all still share a common love of cars just proves that we have a solid bond and great group dynamic. We can, and will, continue that bond over at Facebook, and in Ohio, and wherever else we decide to hang out. That much will never change.

So, as Bob has already said, looking forward to seeing everyone over at Facebook, and another 12 years, or longer, of this thing we have!

Downtime! aka Bryan, aka The Long Hauler from Texas, aka Member #88, signing off.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Downtime! For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (1 Week Ago), JimC (1 Week Ago), rampant racing (1 Day Ago), roddy (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#2)
Brumby
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!

1 Week Ago

Before you go post all the Cars you’ve owned in this 12 years period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Ford Mustang 4.0L 61mm Precision Turbocharger: 11.267 @ 119.59 MPH
Sponsored by: DGR Performance - Dillsburg, Pa.
Mustang Collective #1738
BUCKEYE BRAWL XI - V6 TOP DOG

Beaver Springs Dragway #1320B
White Mustang Registry #0093
2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Brumby Mustang Motorsports ON FACEBOOK

Drag racing is like bad sex... the better you are, the quicker it's over.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brumby For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#3)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Before you go post all the Cars you’ve owned in this 12 years period.

LOL!

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

The Following User Says Thank You to roddy For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#4)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

1 Week Ago

Agreed Bryan, lots of people here who I would have no problem making a road trip with ---- and that I consider closer friends than those who are nearby geographically. We all shared a common bond - the much maligned 4.0 Mustang and this is the site where "if it's been done, someone at the Collective has done it" when it comes to all things 4.0.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
Brumby (1 Week Ago), firestang70 (1 Week Ago), rampant racing (1 Day Ago), roddy (1 Week Ago), TexasBlownV8 (6 Days Ago)
Old
  (#5)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

1 Week Ago

Same story here. Many many friends here that will be that for a long time. Long time mod and some will always remember me as the first ahole GT owner that was going to ruin the site lol. I think some never understood my dry sense of humor. Those that actually got to know me away from the site realized I was even crazier than firestang70. I will miss the banter and the club feel here. Can't count how many parts I have sold and bought from members here. My twin Dave wanted me to say hello to everyone.

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firestang70 For This Useful Post:
JimC (1 Week Ago), rampant racing (1 Day Ago), roddy (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#6)
Garyb900
!WON REVO EVOM
Garyb900 is a total phucktard

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
Same story here. Many many friends here that will be that for a long time. Long time mod and some will always remember me as the first ahole GT owner that was going to ruin the site lol. I think some never understood my dry sense of humor. Those that actually got to know me away from the site realized I was even crazier than firestang70. I will miss the banter and the club feel here. Can't count how many parts I have sold and bought from members here. My twin Dave wanted me to say hello to everyone.
I remember Dave giving me some good advice at Brawl III after setting me up with some drag radials!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me & Dale at the Brawl.jpg (280.2 KB, 5 views)

2005 Windveil Blue 4.0L V6 320 RWHP, Best ET 13.25 @ 106.39
Performance Mods; Procharger, Ford Racing 8.8 in. Traction-Lok Rear Axle, 3.73 gears, JBA Titanium Ceramic headers & true dual exhaust, Progress Competition rear anti-sway bar, GT front anti-sway bar, Steeda sport springs, Powerhouse CHE LCA's, BMR panhard rod, panhard support brace & A-arm brace, Powerhouse 4" aluminum driveshaft & safety loop
Appearance Mods; Agent 47 grille & mirrors, Saleen Heritage rear spoiler, Mach 1 replica wheels, MRT hood struts, MGW & Midwest Auto stuff all over, Silverhorse Racing lower grille inserts

The Following User Says Thank You to Garyb900 For This Useful Post:
JimC (1 Week Ago)
Old
  (#7)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

1 Week Ago

That's the great thing about this site compared to other forums. We actually got to know each other, and make real friendships, in "real life" and know each other by our given names not just screen names.

What other site would you have a group buy for an Xcharger, and a get together at Tom's house to install multiple units. Or Tom taking time out and letting us use the shop here in Michigan to install my Xcharger - and then the install in Toronto, again while Tom was on a film site?

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
roddy (6 Days Ago)
Old
  (#8)
Yelby
14-Second Member
Yelby is a total phucktard

6 Days Ago

Fondly remember my first Brawl. I think I made 25 passes with my 2005 with the stock 4.0L. Then I came back a few years later with the X Charger. Yea ha !!!

Since I haven't created a Facebook page yet (my son and daughter are pushing me to make one), what do I search for once I make the page, Mustang Collective?

Paul Zimmerman
aka YELBY

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yelby For This Useful Post:
JimC (6 Days Ago), rampant racing (1 Day Ago)
Old
  (#9)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

6 Days Ago

You can click on thread tools, drag down to printable version. Then print to PDF which will allow you to save it as a document and upload it to FB.

Just mentioning it since the camaraderie and soul of the site is coming up in this discussion, I will deeply miss this place.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rygen For This Useful Post:
Downtime! (4 Days Ago), rampant racing (1 Day Ago), TexasBlownV8 (6 Days Ago)
Old
  (#10)
Brumby
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!

6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelby View Post
Fondly remember my first Brawl. I think I made 25 passes with my 2005 with the stock 4.0L. Then I came back a few years later with the X Charger. Yea ha !!!

Since I haven't created a Facebook page yet (my son and daughter are pushing me to make one), what do I search for once I make the page, Mustang Collective?

Paul Zimmerman
aka YELBY

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2407731343

2007 Ford Mustang 4.0L 61mm Precision Turbocharger: 11.267 @ 119.59 MPH
Sponsored by: DGR Performance - Dillsburg, Pa.
Mustang Collective #1738
BUCKEYE BRAWL XI - V6 TOP DOG

Beaver Springs Dragway #1320B
White Mustang Registry #0093
2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Brumby Mustang Motorsports ON FACEBOOK

Drag racing is like bad sex... the better you are, the quicker it's over.