Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Does this mean
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

Does this mean - 08-26-2017

That I can drive like a jerk? Stopped to look for Pat's new car. She tried the T-bird and wasn't sure if she wanted a car that low. Looked at a Lincoln MKC , and she liked it but wasn't thrilled with the interior. And she hates the new Lincoln grille.

Looked at other things and decided to stop at the BMW dealer. Looks like we are going home with this. Once we agree on terms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (08-28-2017), navbtcret (08-27-2017)
Old
  (#2)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

08-26-2017

She also was considering a Challenger because she figured she could find it in a parking lot. The BMW she said she will have to look harder

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

08-27-2017

[QUOTE=JimC;504874]That I can drive like a jerk? QUOTE]

From my experienced as an auto damage appraiser, some of the people who service or repair these types of high dollar cars act like jerks.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedfirePony For This Useful Post:
JimC (08-27-2017)
Old
  (#4)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

08-27-2017

Lol, just envisioned a certain South Park episode regarding "smugness".

Nice car, fun to drive!

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
JimC (08-27-2017)
Old
  (#5)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

08-27-2017

It is a fun car to drive. Really handles well, very tight turning radius - not at all like my SHO maneuvering in parking lots.

Pretty peppy, a 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo putting out 240 HP and 255 ft lbs of torque. Not quite as fast as the SHO, but a little quicker than our Lincoln MKZ with the 2.0 ecoboost was.

But the "smug" dealt with those douches who drive the Prius Mike!

It has a few quirks to get used to. After stopping you have to pull the door handle twice, once to unlock and second to open. The electronic lock button is in the center of the dash. It has that stop/start feature for MPG - first time the engine turned off when my wife stopped she thought something was wrong. I discovered though if I hit the "sport" button when I drive it is a little crisper acceleration and throttle and it doesn't do the start/stop.

Last edited by JimC; 08-27-2017 at 06:31 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
TexasBlownV8 (08-27-2017)
Old
  (#6)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

08-27-2017

The Xdrive is AWD with an 8 speed automatic. Weird thing to get used to also. You push a button on the left side top of the shifter and push forward to go into reverse. Push the button and pull back to go into drive - you can push it to the left once in D and manually shift if you want.

To park it you simply push a button on the top of the shifter. I have to look to see if "P" is lit because I'm never sure if it is in gear still or not.

Old
  (#7)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

08-28-2017

...free admission to the douchebag club with every purchase...

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

The Following User Says Thank You to roddy For This Useful Post:
JimC (08-28-2017)
Old
  (#8)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

08-28-2017

Someone said all I need is a pair of aviator glasses for the "starter kit".

Wouldn't you know, I was looking on the BMW site because Pat wants all weather floor mats. One of the BMW branded products ----------- aviator sunglasses!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (08-28-2017), roddy (08-28-2017)
Old
  (#9)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

08-28-2017

LMFAO!!

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

Old
  (#10)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-29-2017

So Pat is at our place in Winston Salem, I am still working in Michigan for a while. She decided that the landscaping needed new mulch and replaced a bunch of it and even built a small retaining wall where the driveway is so the mulch doesn't all go downhill.

After all the work she decided it was time to put her BMW "in to the garage". The garage is down below and there is a big brick wall going down. She is always afraid she is going to hit the wall and scrape her car.

She didn't hit the brick wall, managed to stay away from it. Instead, yep, she hit the garage door jamb on the driver side. $678 is the estimate to repair (haven't seen it yet, but given the price of BMW parts the marker light lens is probably half of it!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171027_111810.jpg (398.0 KB, 3 views)