Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > Buckeye Brawl

May need a "SHO" down at BB11
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

May need a "SHO" down at BB11 - 10-10-2016

The 2013 Mustang this week overheated. The fan relay and connector burned up. So $500 later (got raped and not even a kiss on this one!), my wife said that she thinks that the car is cursed and I need to get something else.

Took a look at Taurus SHO today. Nice car, really loaded with all the things that I wish my Mustang had on it. And the incentives that Ford is offering makes it very tempting - even throwing in a $2,000 bonus if I trade in the Mustang. So I am seriously considering making a change.

The lease on Pat's Lincoln is up in April 2017, we are thinking about moving to North Carolina within the year. So Pat said we could go with the Taurus SHO, and after getting to North Carolina I should then get another Mustang and she would take the SHO. So really thinking about this move for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161010_145033.jpg (423.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20161010_145014.jpg (422.3 KB, 9 views)

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (10-12-2016), navbtcret (10-11-2016)
Old
  (#2)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

10-10-2016

I wonder if Rich sold my 2006? Maybe another Xcharger car back in my garage?

Old
  (#3)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

10-10-2016

Use the SHO as your contingency if you don't get a Mustang by then, if you dispose of this one

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
JimC (10-11-2016)
Old
  (#4)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

10-12-2016

Really like the sho A LOT. Smooth, comfortable and powerful ride.

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to firestang70 For This Useful Post:
JimC (10-12-2016)
Old
  (#5)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-12-2016

We were impressed with it. My wife loves her Lincoln MKZ, but liked the extra size and ride height of the SHO. And it definitely has more power than her MKZ ecobbost 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Old
  (#6)
navbtcret
Administrator: I'm Your Huckleberry!
navbtcret is a walking piece of crap.

10-13-2016

So when are you going to get it? I am still loving mine, almost had it three years now.

"When You Run On The Earth
And You Run With The Earth,
You Can Run Forever."

1/4 mile 12.13@ 107.94 MPH Best With The 4.0 X-Charger.

Send a message via MSN to navbtcret  
Old
  (#7)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

10-13-2016

Your plan sounds like a good one. Allow me to be an enabler and edge you towards getting the SHO.

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Old
  (#8)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

10-13-2016

If you don't go for the SHO, check out the 2017 Fusion Sport with the twin turbo 2.7 V-6 when they come out. Granted you won't get the deal on the Fusion that you would on the left over SHO.

Old
  (#9)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-13-2016

I looked at the Fusion Sport, but my wife didn't like it. Surprised since she loves her MKZ which is the same platform.

Anyway, at the dealership now going over paperwork. I was going to swap the hoods but decided it is too much hassle. The stock hood is on the other side of town. So would have to take the cowl hood off, drive across town and put the stock hood on assuming the guy is home who is trying to sell it.

Then the hassle of storing the cowl hood and arranging shipping to a buyer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Old
  (#10)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-13-2016

Probably will get the new car on Monday. We sold the condo (2 days, cash offer at our asking price!) and the movers are coming tomorrow. We will relocate to Monroe, MI until I retire again. Ended up renting a house there and the next move is to North Carolina - although I will probably end up doing something there, ramp up my mediation practice there I guess.

The dealership said no problem with the move "we'll deliver the car to you". I am waiting to hear if they want to swap the summer performance tires for the all seasons and I will sell the performance tires in the spring. Have a set of snow tires mounted on wheels sitting in the garage in Monroe already. Wasn't expecting to get rid of the car so will be putting those up for sale too.

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
navbtcret (10-14-2016)