Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > Suggestion / Request Box

Tech Section - Water/Meth Injection
Old
  (#1)
Brumby
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!

Tech Section - Water/Meth Injection - 08-04-2011

http://www.mustangcollective.com/sho...meth+injection

With all the alcohol being used around here, to open up a section just for "Alcoholics"

SOUNDS LIKE AN IDEA BOB! a tech section just for water /meth users.
Gary aka rampant racing

Great idea!

And +1 on

Mike aka TexasBlownV8

2007 Ford Mustang 4.0L 61mm Precision Turbocharger: 11.267 @ 119.59 MPH
Sponsored by: DGR Performance - Dillsburg, Pa.
Mustang Collective #1738
BUCKEYE BRAWL XI - V6 TOP DOG

Beaver Springs Dragway #1320B
White Mustang Registry #0093
2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Brumby Mustang Motorsports ON FACEBOOK

Drag racing is like bad sex... the better you are, the quicker it's over.

Old
  (#2)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

08-04-2011

Bob, let me suggest that if a new section is created that it be targeted towards all types of power-adders:

Boost, Juice, and Meth Tech

Hopefully, the druggies wouldn't think it's a How-To section for building a meth lab!

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Old
  (#3)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Bob, let me suggest that if a new section is created that it be targeted towards all types of power-adders:

Boost, Juice, and Meth Tech

Hopefully, the druggies wouldn't think it's a How-To section for building a meth lab!
i think they should all be seperate.after all if we bunch them together then isn't that what we already have for the most part.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#4)
Brumby
Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant racing
i think they should all be separate.after all if we bunch them together then isn't that what we already have for the most part.
Agreed....

But, what ever, there are a lot of questions being asked all over the place.

The suggestion basically is to be specific to Water/Meth. Injection or just plan Meth. Injection.

Meth. Injection as a power adder....the debate continues on this issue...

Mustang Collective #1738

2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Questions ????????
Old
  (#5)
Brumby

Questions ???????? - 08-10-2011

Meth. Injection is great as long as you have the proper system in place?

IS it imperative to have a system capable of cutting boost and timing should a problem in the system occur?

WHAT is a proper/effective fail-safe to keep from destroying the engine?

WHEN should the pump start?
A. @ 2lbs of boost
B. @ 5lbs of boost
C. @ 8lbs of boost
D. Other ?????

Mustang Collective #1738

2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Old
  (#6)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

08-12-2011

i got my windshield washer fluid to put in the tank and it is rated at -40degrees.it is RAINX brand and the jug states that it may catch fire,lol.i'd say it has alot of meth in it.come on dyno day!

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#7)
Brumby

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant racing
i got my windshield washer fluid to put in the tank and it is rated at -40degrees.it is RAINX brand and the jug states that it may catch fire,lol.i'd say it has alot of meth in it.come on dyno day!

Gary,

You might want to read this:

http://www.snowperformance.net/forum...opic.php?t=834

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:28 am Post subject:
Great news about the results you are getting with the system! One thing - be sure NOT to use Rain-X washer fluid. It typically has other additives we do not want to inject.

Our Boost Juice is the best way to get a 50/50 mix which is required for use with Nitro Booster. If the -25 Washer fluid is about 35-38% methanol, 2 bottles of Heet should get you pretty close to 50%. With -20 fluid, it is more like 3 bottles to get exactly 50%.

We have dynoed it on supercharged Mustangs, etc. and gotten good, consistent results. We would welcome anyone's feedback and dyno charts for this though!

Mustang Collective #1738

2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Old
  (#8)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR

08-13-2011

yea i didnt read anything in that about what nitromrthane does to your oil.you might want to look into that before you use it ..if you are thinking about using it that is.it ain't perty.i will just buy a 5 gallon container of meth and mix my own to get 50/50.thanks for the heads up bob.i still can't see the rainx being that bad ,not with just 1% of that stuff in it.

Old
  (#9)
Brumby

08-13-2011

We're using Snow Performance's Boost Juice. 49% methanol and 51% water.

Mustang Collective #1738

2012 NMRA SST12197
2013 NMRA SST8197
2014 NMRA SST8197
2015 NMRA SST8197
2016 NMRA SST8197
2017 NMRA SST8197

Old
  (#10)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR

08-20-2011

i used my meth tonight for the first time.I LIKE IT!! I REMOVED 2% FUEL AND ADVANCED THE TIMING 4DEGREES.seemed to work pretty well.a/f was 11.3 through the lights.i could lean it a bit more if i had to ,i think it is pretty safe at 11.8 a/f.not doing anymore till i get the dyno tune .