Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

Anyone relocated their wiper fluid tank?
Old
  (#1)
Flapjack
The Green Monster
Flapjack wears beer goggles on a regular basis.Flapjack wears beer goggles on a regular basis.

Anyone relocated their wiper fluid tank? - 11-30-2010

The neck of the tank will be in the of the passenger side turbo. I've never heard of this relocation, so I figured I'd check the forums.

One thought I had was to cut the neck down short and fill it with a tube, but then I wouldn't know how to cap it off well. I suppose I could come up with something...

Unless there's a kit to relocate it. That would be much nicer.

Thoughts?

2005 Legend Lime 5.4L 3v
14psi: 802 rwhp/789 rwtq , 21psi: 1018 rwhp/988 rwtq
TurboHP TT Kit MMR engine, RGR heads/cams
Corn fed on E85!
Built by me, tuned by Lito! (dyno video)
 Send a message via ICQ to Flapjack Send a message via Yahoo to Flapjack Send a message via MSN to Flapjack  
Old
  (#2)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

11-30-2010

There's probably other tanks/reservoirs you can use as well. With my KB kit, it comes with like a coffee-can-sized round container, which gets mounted to the driver side fender. But anything that you can put washer fluid it, and then pump it out, will work. Even like a i/c tank, if you have room.

Or, if you don't need the fluid at all, just delete it, like I did, at least for now. But it's not a daily-driver either.

Just some ideas.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

Old
  (#3)
Flapjack
The Green Monster
Flapjack wears beer goggles on a regular basis.Flapjack wears beer goggles on a regular basis.

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlownV8
There's probably other tanks/reservoirs you can use as well. With my KB kit, it comes with like a coffee-can-sized round container, which gets mounted to the driver side fender. But anything that you can put washer fluid it, and then pump it out, will work. Even like a i/c tank, if you have room.

Or, if you don't need the fluid at all, just delete it, like I did, at least for now. But it's not a daily-driver either.

Just some ideas.
Thanks for the ideas. Not having one is not an option. The weather out in Colorado Springs is too unpredictable, and since my car will remain a daily driver, I need the wiper fluid.

Do you know if KB sells their container by itself? It might be worth a try. You say any container will work, but how does the motor/pump mount like it does on the stock reservoir?

By the way... why would KB even need that? It's not like there's a whole lot of plumbing like there would be with a turbo/cetri. Just curious.

2005 Legend Lime 5.4L 3v
Corn fed on E85!
 Send a message via ICQ to Flapjack Send a message via Yahoo to Flapjack Send a message via MSN to Flapjack  
Old
  (#4)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

11-30-2010

I just noticed - you might want to have a mod move your thread since you put it in the "new edge" category for the 4.6 and not the "S197"

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#5)
Flapjack
The Green Monster

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I just noticed - you might want to have a mod move your thread since you put it in the "new edge" category for the 4.6 and not the "S197"
Whoops. Good point!

2005 Legend Lime 5.4L 3v
Corn fed on E85!
Old
  (#6)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

11-30-2010

just find a spot where you have some spare room and make one to fit.best solution imho.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#7)
TexasBlownV8
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

11-30-2010

The kb tank re-uses the stock pump on the stock tank. It relocates it because the maf housing and air filter are located where the windshield washer tank is on the passenger side under the fender.

It'd look nicer to use any other kind of tank, IMO. (I dont have a pic of it in my car...hm...)

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

Old
  (#8)
Flapjack
The Green Monster

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant racing
just find a spot where you have some spare room and make one to fit.best solution imho.
Easier said than done. Have you seen how big the stock tank plus neck is??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlownV8
The kb tank re-uses the stock pump on the stock tank. It relocates it because the maf housing and air filter are located where the windshield washer tank is on the passenger side under the fender.

It'd look nicer to use any other kind of tank, IMO. (I dont have a pic of it in my car...hm...)
The KB definitely looks like a nice tank. I wonder if they would sell me one. That would kick ass.

I take it you're speaking of the black cylindrical tank next to the brake lines...

2005 Legend Lime 5.4L 3v
Corn fed on E85!
Old
  (#9)
TexasBlownV8

11-30-2010

Yup, that's it. it's held in place by a mounting bracket. Nice and heavy plastic, too.

Old
  (#10)
Mr. Ugly
Collective ADDICT!
Mr. Ugly is a total phucktard

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack
One thought I had was to cut the neck down short and fill it with a tube, but then I wouldn't know how to cap it off well. I suppose I could come up with something...
Don't remember what the neck looks like, but couldn't you section out a piece of the neck and put it back together with a rubber coupling? That way you still have the original top and cap.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!

AEM wideband| Autometer Sport Comp vac/boost gauge | MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires | JBA Silver Ceramic shorties | FRPP X, Dynomax Bullets, Pype Bomb deletes | Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft | 8.8, t-lok, 3.73 | H&R Race springs | Tokico D-Specs & remote adjusters | Shelby Fays2 watts link | J&M lower control arms | J&M upper control arm | J&M lower control arm brackets | J&M camber plates | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | DD Cobra R wheels 18x9/10 | Nitto 555 Tires 255/45, 285/40 | Steeda X5 ball joints | Steeda bumpsteer kit | Steeda front control arm bushing kit | GT takeoff brakes | California Sunscreen 35%/25% tints | Redline hood lifts | Trunk blackout panel | Zabteck throttle body | Ford Accessories GT/CS F/R Fascia