Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

Old
  (#21)
ESP v6
Collective Junkie
ESP v6 is working on being a goody goody.

05-01-2009

as far as feeling the power i can't speak to the GTO but i did get to ride along in a mach at an autocross event and HOLY CRAP that thing felt like a torque monster. the engine was pretty much bone stock, it had some suspension upgrades and a different diff. those seats were comfortable to get shoved into.

"If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones

Old
  (#22)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member
Ajohhny is working on being a goody goody.

05-02-2009

Thank you esp, thats exactly what i wanted to know. Im really leaning towards the mach.

Old
  (#23)
Blown245
15-Second Member
Blown245 is working on being a goody goody.

04-22-2012

id say mach... you wont have to forge anything at low boost and plus if im not mistaken those are really strong engines out of the factory. my buddy has a 5.7 gto with full exhaust and intake @ like 340 rwhp and i pull him by a car link from 40-80. its all in the weight and plus you would look like a grandma in a gto. mach 1 = cheap upgrades and power-weight advantage vs gto= big engine lacking power for its size and bad power-weight

I LIKE TO SPANK!!

Old
  (#24)
El Caballo Corre
Doing more with less....
El Caballo Corre has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohhny
I know, it was kinda of a bad question to ask here but i didnt know where else i could go. I just want a strong car, but for a small amount of money more i can get a hundred more horsepower in a car with a better interior. I really don't care how good the interior is, but the fact is is that it comes with it. How much faster is a GTO than the Mach with its extra horsepower? Ill say it again, I love mustangs but the prices are so close you would start to think, why not get the stronger car.
The GTO is slower of the two cars in my opinion. A Mustang with a few simple bolt ons will walk all over a GTO. You have to remember that the Mustang has a solid rear axle, where the GTO has IRS. What that means in English is that the GTO can not handle a hard launch without leaving parts all over the track. That is why you usually see them running on tires that don't hook so good such as Nittos 555r's and summer tires and not sticky tires that hook Mickey Thompsons, Hoosiers, or M and H drag radials/slicks.

You will never launch a GTO with a 6k clutch dump on drag radials without having the rear end grenade. You make all your money at the launch and i have always found the GTO to be subpar in this area. If I am not mistaken the GTO is the heavier of these two cars too. If you enjoy looking at Mustang taillights though you could opt to go with the GTO. Then there is the fact that the GTO's kind of look like a grown up version of a 2 door Honda Civic and I have heard a few people say that they handle like a steamboat.

Pontiac was discontinued so replacement parts might or might not become an issue in the future. Not so much for the motor but the rest of the car was Australian designed by Holden with little input from GM. Holden is the Australian version of GM. All GM did was basically throw their motor in the car.

More advertised hp does not make something faster. It is how you set your car up that makes it fast. My car has right around 300 rwhp but will run the same 1/4 times as new Camaro SS with 425 hp due to my tune, CAI, line lock, suspension setup, sticky tires, effective lower gear ratio, practice, and driving skill. The moral of the story is that you can do more with less, especially less weight. HP is completely useless if you can't find a way to put all of it to the ground when it is needed to win. Traction is winning.

This is just my opinion based on fact from racing stock to mildly modified GTO's at the track. Before you make a decision to buy either one go to your local track and see for yourself. I can't remember a time I have ever been beaten by a GTO in a 1/4 mile race the entire time I have been drag racing.

J&M Extreme Joint UCA and LCA's
JLT True Cold Air Intake
Spec 1 clutch
SLP Line Lock
FRPP 4.10 gears
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
SCT Tuner
15" Racestars & MT ET Street Drag Radials (for track)
Glass Roof
Leather Seats
18 inch chrome wheels
SSS Adrenaline Exhaust
Summit X Pipe
Detroit True Track Differential
Tinted windows
mrbodykit window louvers
Shaftmaster 3.5" one piece aluminum driveshaft
GMS Front and rear safety loops
MSD Launch Master 2 step
Che K member brace
Che torque limiters
Che anti squat brackets
Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plugs
Koni single adjustable shocks/struts: THEY WORK!
Prothane Motor Mounts

Personal Best
1/8 mile 8.05 at 85.38 mph
1/4 mile 12.66 at 106.89 1.64 60 ft
El Caballo Corre

Old
  (#25)
JujuFox
Collective Lurker ಠ_ಠ
JujuFox will become famous when the world comes to an end.

04-22-2012

You guys know this thread is from 2009, right? This guy hasn't even been on since.

Send a message via Yahoo to JujuFox Send a message via AIM to JujuFox Send a message via Skype™ to JujuFox 
Old
  (#26)
Mwood
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Mwood will become famous when the world comes to an end.

04-22-2012

Ha ha, three year old thread is old!

Old
  (#27)
El Caballo Corre
Doing more with less....
El Caballo Corre has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JujuFox
You guys know this thread is from 2009, right? This guy hasn't even been on since.

I do now!!!!!

J&M Extreme Joint UCA and LCA's
JLT True Cold Air Intake
Spec 1 clutch
SLP Line Lock
FRPP 4.10 gears
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
SCT Tuner
15" Racestars & MT ET Street Drag Radials (for track)
Glass Roof
Leather Seats
18 inch chrome wheels
SSS Adrenaline Exhaust
Summit X Pipe
Detroit True Track Differential
Tinted windows
mrbodykit window louvers
Shaftmaster 3.5" one piece aluminum driveshaft
GMS Front and rear safety loops
MSD Launch Master 2 step
Che K member brace
Che torque limiters
Che anti squat brackets
Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plugs
Koni single adjustable shocks/struts: THEY WORK!
Prothane Motor Mounts

Personal Best
1/8 mile 8.05 at 85.38 mph
1/4 mile 12.66 at 106.89 1.64 60 ft
El Caballo Corre

Old
  (#28)
Blown245
15-Second Member
Blown245 is working on being a goody goody.

04-23-2012

Lol nope, had no idea where go see it but iwas looking for it... I feel smart :)

I LIKE TO SPANK!!

Old
  (#29)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

04-23-2012

Wow, back from the dead...awesome!

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#30)
Brumby
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!Brumby has a reputation beyond repute, just like Britney Spears!

04-23-2012

I know this is not on your list but:

I'd go with the Dodge Challenger SRT8

392 cubic inch, 470hp HEMI.......Oh, yea.....