Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

Old
  (#11)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

04-24-2009

1. GTO has IRS, so despite all that power, they have a hard time hooking.
  2. It looks like a god damn saturn. The only reason its considered a sports car is the fact that it has 2 doors. But look at it...picture 4 doors on it...yea, see it....yep....now go grocery shopping with it, yea, you know it.
  3. I have yet to see a GTO that actually turns heads....
  4. After market ram air hood - car still looks like ass
  5. Custom paint job - still looks like ass

However, if you have a Mach 1...
  1. Awesome 4V motor, shaker hood and nice exhaust...it will turn heads.
  2. Not to mention better aftermarket support, and its just one bad ass NA motor.
  3. It just looks bad ass.
  4. 12's are super easy with this car
  5. Did I mention it looks bad ass

So, in summary....

This (Honey, can you go get the groceries, and also, can you pick up my mom from the airport)...

OR This (Two words.... Bad Ass)...

You are amoung friends, friends don't let friends drive late model Pontiacs mis-badged as GTO's. We are here to help you, trust us.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#12)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

04-24-2009

Now...if you were to say, get one of these, then hell yes, go for it:

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#13)
Buckman
Needs a water box
Buckman is a total phucktard

04-24-2009

Todd is pretty spot on with his observations. I've ran into some quick GTO's at the track and stock they put down pretty good power too. The Mach has potential written all over though, plus the styling to match.

Old
  (#14)
Thomas S
"Shall Not Be Infringed"
Thomas S will become famous when the world comes to an end.

04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohhny
the only reason im considering a GTO is because of the extra horsepower. I love the mustang, but I don't know if 305hp is enough,lol. I have also heard somewhere else that the mach feels faster than the gto.

You've also got to look at power to weight. The GTO is a pig. It's a lot easier to add horsepower than it is to take away weight.

+2 to everything Todd said.

2011 GT Kona Blue

Premium, Brembo Brake Pakage, 3.73s. 15% tint all around, Roush axlebacks, GT500 mudflaps

Old
  (#15)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

04-26-2009

To the OP I looked at a GTO before ordering my Stang. The GTO interior is nicer than the Mach 1 (all of this is just my opinion). I do not fit into the New Edges very well, the GTO had more driver room. The GTO handled in the curves better (IRS). The LS2 is a very nice motor. My choice is....the Mach 1.

The Mach 1 is a much better looking car (the GTO looks like an abortion between a Cavalier and a Grand Prix). The 4v is a great motor and responds to mods very well. Stock for stock a Mach 1 will own at the track. On the street I still prefer the Mach 1. The GTO looks awful and takes ALOT of mods to get the pig to respond at the track. I would get a used S197 GT for about the same price. I much prefer the S197 chassis, would like even better with a 4v under the hood.

Good luck on finding the right car for you.

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Old
  (#16)
LedZepplin77
House of Leaves
LedZepplin77 is working on being a goody goody.

04-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygen
Now...if you were to say, get one of these, then hell yes, go for it:

<----------------- EXACTLY! If those newer GTo's deserved to be called GTO's and had a great style to go with the motor, then I'd tell you to go buy one, but by far the most disappointing car to me (besides the charger) was back in '04 when they brought that crappy looking POS sedan and slapped a v8 in it. I am glad Pontiac is getting killed becaue of that incident. Get the Mach 1, please.

-2008 Performance White Mustang
-Screamin' Demon Coil, LiveWires, C&L CAI, Diablosport Predator, Shaftmasters 4-inch Driveshaft, stainless steel shorty headers, ported and polished throttlebody, Performance tune from Bamachips, 8-Ball shifter, CS front end, GT Foglights, GT rockers, GT rear fascia and Pypes Dual Exhaust with GT500KR mufflers, 18 inch SVE whees clothed in Sumitomos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP v6
i am proud to be and auto-racist. good luck hope you can get back behind the wheel of a mustang.

Old
  (#17)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

04-26-2009

I had dinner with a couple of Pontiac engineers and we talked about the GTO. I told them that having grown up with the original GTO (a great car) that the one they brought out didn't say "GTO" to me at all - it looked like a stretched Chevy Cavalier and just didn't have any appeal beyond the big engine.

They agreed and said "we blew it, and thought that tossing a big engine in the car and calling it a GTO would be enough to attract entusiasts".

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#18)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member
Ajohhny is working on being a goody goody.

04-27-2009

I really like everything about the mach, the only thing i like about the gto is the bigger engine. If i got the mach and then supercharged it, what all would i have to forge for safety?

Old
  (#19)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member
Ajohhny is working on being a goody goody.

05-01-2009

Ok, well, if i get a mach 1 what kind of improvement can i be looking at if i swap the stock cam out with a comp cam? and what all needs to be done for a cam swap, just a tune?

Old
  (#20)
Mwood
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Mwood will become famous when the world comes to an end.

05-01-2009

They're both ugly, flip a coin.