Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

New car
Old
  (#1)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member
Ajohhny is working on being a goody goody.

New car - 04-24-2009

Ok, after many questions regarding power options, I'm now trying to decide what car i should get. I love mustangs but regardless of that fact I want to have a fun snappy car that will jerk your head back. I'm deciding on a Mach 1 or an 05-06 GTO. The prices are close, but the mach seems to be a little less. I wanted to know which one is just simply more fun? Which one feels faster? Ofcourse the GTO has more horspower, but its also heavier. I'v heard of smaller lesser powered cars feeling stronger than cars with bigger engines. I'm also more familiar with the mustang modding comunity so it would be easier for me to mod it. Which car would any of you suggest?

Old
  (#2)
Mwood
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Mwood will become famous when the world comes to an end.

04-24-2009

Do you really think anyone on a Mustang forum is going to suggest a GTO over a Mach1?

Old
  (#3)
popeye
Collective Permanent Resident
popeye is a total phucktard

04-24-2009

Mach 1 hands down, you are very very limited with the GTO mod stuff. Sure you can do a ton of stuff with the motor but your stuck with that mistake of a body style.

Old
  (#4)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member

04-24-2009

I know, it was kinda of a bad question to ask here but i didnt know where else i could go. I just want a strong car, but for a small amount of money more i can get a hundred more horsepower in a car with a better interior. I really don't care how good the interior is, but the fact is is that it comes with it. How much faster is a GTO than the Mach with its extra horsepower? Ill say it again, I love mustangs but the prices are so close you would start to think, why not get the stronger car.

Old
  (#5)
99 GT vert
now powered by garrett
99 GT vert is a total phucktard

04-24-2009

i say get the mach aftermarket parts are cheaper for a 4.6 than they are for a LSx motor. yea the LSx reacts to performance parts better but take gears for and lsx it is like 1000 dollars installed and for the mustang it is only like 500. also i have heard that the GTO does not feel as fast as the mustang does
  Send a message via AIM to 99 GT vert  
Old
  (#6)
mystang115
Collective ADDICT!
mystang115 is working on being a goody goody.

04-24-2009

My girlfriends brother has an 06 GTO with the 6.0L LS2, and let me tell you, that thing is FAST!! It has been to 170+mph. It is an automatic, and even in regular driving you can feel the torque at any little throttle input! The body is lacking, it was upsetting to see them just take an australia based car, slap a V8 in it, and badge it a GTO. But damn is it fast straightline! Don't know too much about the handling though. But, that said, the Mach1 will be much easier to make faster, and cheaper too! Parts are very expensive for the GTO, and there are very few exterior upgrades for it. Where as with the Mach1 there are a billion different options for EVERYTHING. Exterior, interior, performance, etc. So it is all your preference. And by the way, my girlfriends brother doesn't drive the GTO anywhere!! He goes to work and home, and when he goes out he gets rides from people, because gas is a B***h!!! Even at these low prices, it is hard for him to put gas in it. When gas was high, his skateboard was used a lot, while the GTO was collecting dust!...lol! So what ever you think you will like better.

2005 4.0 Mustang PP - Not far, but missed
1985 Ford Mustang GT - Under the knife!
1963 Dodge Dart wagon - One hell of a learning curve
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6RR - My mean green machine!

Old
  (#7)
popeye
Collective Permanent Resident
popeye is a total phucktard

04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohhny
I know, it was kinda of a bad question to ask here but i didnt know where else i could go. I just want a strong car, but for a small amount of money more i can get a hundred more horsepower in a car with a better interior. I really don't care how good the interior is, but the fact is is that it comes with it. How much faster is a GTO than the Mach with its extra horsepower? Ill say it again, I love mustangs but the prices are so close you would start to think, why not get the stronger car.
After reading this it sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into a mustang. Go with the GTO.

Old
  (#8)
kena
Stamps 08 Grey Cup Champs
kena is working on being a goody goody.

04-24-2009

A specialized Mustang will hold value over the GTO in it's more senior years I would think plus Ford will still be in business.....GM.....maybe?

Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.

2005 Sonic Blue Mustang 4.0L V6. 202 RWHP 222 RWTQ tested on a Mustang Dyno

Old
  (#9)
shb5007
Collective Junkie
shb5007 is working on being a goody goody.

04-24-2009

03-04 Mach 1's are some of the best overall Mustang's ever made.

2005 4.0L Turbocharged Mustang [381/449]
Sold

2004 2.0L SVT Focus [1 of 62]

Old
  (#10)
Ajohhny
15-Second Member

04-24-2009

the only reason im considering a GTO is because of the extra horsepower. I love the mustang, but I don't know if 305hp is enough,lol. I have also heard somewhere else that the mach feels faster than the gto.

Last edited by Ajohhny; 04-24-2009 at 01:17 PM.