Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Old
  (#21)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

07-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnmech
well didnt see pride from this guy wuo pulled up next to meat the post office waiting for my wife.he got out and i said sweet car. it was a screaming yellow gt stripes crhome bullits.anyway he just glared at me must have been his wife with him she said"he just said how good your car looked"he said "yea but mine is a real mustang"she told me thanx mine looked great to and then said to him"if it was not for me you wouldnt even have a car"i laughed he got p'oedi did see it from his girl tho.

Crap, what a jack ass. That is unfortunate.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#22)
CMC
Collective Junkie
CMC is a total phucktard

07-28-2006

I seem to get this a lot and I love it!

Today in the Best Buy parking lot I was getting out of my car and a woman walking past asked me "What year mustang is that?" I said it's a 2005 and she replied "Well it's beautiful. You should be proud of it." to which I said "Thanks, I am. These are great cars."

Then driving back to work, I got two honks and thumbs-ups from people driving family sedans. I swear, I get more random honks that I don't even have time to respond to.

Last weekend I was cruising on the highway, following another one of our forum members to a Chicagoland Mustang Club meet & greet. We passed a DSG 40th Anniversary edition and immediately the driver wanted to play catch up. When he got even with me he started honking and when I looked his way we exchanged waves, revved the motors, and parted ways. That one gave me a bigger smile than usual for some reason.

And then at the meet & greet I was surrounded by mustang owners who have exactly that sense of pride we're talking about. They don't hate on the V6... they love it because it's a mustang... an American legend!

Last edited by CMC; 07-28-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Old
  (#23)
Wicked Pony
Collective ADDICT!
Wicked Pony is working on being a goody goody.

07-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCs05pony
I seem to get this a lot and I love it!

Today in the Best Buy parking lot I was getting out of my car and a woman walking past asked me "what year mustang is that?" I said it's a 2005 and she replied "well it's beautiful. you should be proud of it." to which I said "thanks, I am. these are great cars"

Then driving back to work, I got two honks and thumbs ups from people driving family sedans. I swear, I get more random honks that I don't even have time to respond to.
Weird, people seem like jerks up north. I don't see hardly any Mustang pride. I see a couple of Mustangs on my way to and from work, and nothing.

2014 GT/CS Convertible - Stock for now...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked Pony Send a message via AIM to Wicked Pony  
Old
  (#24)
JStang78
Collective ADDICT!
JStang78 is a total phucktard

07-28-2006

Strange that you post this today. Just this morning, I pulled up at a stoplight in some pretty heavy traffic - I was the first car in the right lane. To my left is a 96-98 Cobra 'vert, behind him is a new-edge GT. So, as we take off from the light (at your normal morning rush hour crawl), I had it in first gear so it let out a nice exhaust note. I see the guy in the Cobra, who simply glanced over when I pulled up at the light, completely turn around and stare at my car. So, at the next light, we pull up next to each other once again, and he says "Nice Stang, bro!" So I gave the obligatory "you too," and made my turn. Little did he know, that's what I've thought about his car for years, having seen it on my way to work several times. Edit: I forgot to mention that in first, my car sounded quite loud, wedged between traffic. I was actually somewhat shocked at how good my car sounded this morning!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to go for an evening cruise, and got a couple of strange reactions. First, I pull up at this train crossing (train gates were down) next to this Corvette. The guy sees me checking out his car, and gives me the nod. So, a few blocks up the same road, after the 'Vette turned off, I pulled up next to a 05-06 V6 Vert. I give the guy thumbs up, and he flipped me off! I was just like, WTF? Whatever... I got a laugh after that out of the thought that "hey, at least I'm not the jerk-off in the Mustang who is going 20mph in a 35-40 zone!" Then again...perhaps he gets the finger so often that he thinks it's a greeting...

2005 Satin Silver Mustang
- 5 Speed
- Ford Racing Exhaust
- C&L CAI w/Bamachips 87 perf. tune
- GTS rear black-out panel w/AVS black bezels
- CDC black billet grille w/Tri-Bar Pony emblem
- 4.0 badges
- Shorty antenna

[MEDIA]http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=pettis-marix-kick.gif[/MEDIA]

Old
  (#25)
CMC
Collective Junkie
CMC is a total phucktard

07-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Pony
Weird, people seem like jerks up north. I don't see hardly any Mustang pride. I see a couple of Mustangs on my way to and from work, and nothing.
I've gotten a lot of respect from people in the Northern burbs. There are plenty of mustang drivers who seem like they could care less what car they have... but for the most part, I've been surprised by the amount of waves, honks, and thumbs I get no matter where I am.

... especially since people tend to be kinda rude around here

Old
  (#26)
JStang78
Collective ADDICT!
JStang78 is a total phucktard

07-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCs05pony
I've gotten a lot of respect from people in the Northern burbs. There are plenty of mustang drivers who seem like they could care less what car they have... but for the most part, I've been surprised by the amount of waves, honks, and thumbs I get no matter where I am.

... especially since people tend to be kinda rude around here
I know this girl with an '05 redfire coupe, and she seriously thinks that any comment made to her, be it about her car or whatever, is someone trying to make a pass on her. Now...she's hot...but if you talk to her a few times, you get the clue (I don't know if she's hooked up or just not interested...but I got the clue either way) that she has kind of an attitude. But yeah...if you ever see this hottie in a redfire coupe, and give her a thumbs up or something and just get a scowl in return...don't take it personally.

2005 Satin Silver Mustang
- 5 Speed
- Ford Racing Exhaust
- C&L CAI w/Bamachips 87 perf. tune
- GTS rear black-out panel w/AVS black bezels
- CDC black billet grille w/Tri-Bar Pony emblem
- 4.0 badges
- Shorty antenna

[MEDIA]http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=pettis-marix-kick.gif[/MEDIA]

Old
  (#27)
CMC
Collective Junkie
CMC is a total phucktard

07-28-2006

lol... i'll keep that in mind

that's one thing I don't like about this part of the country... lots of hot women... lots of bad attitudes to go along with it

Old
  (#28)
Bandit
Collective ADDICT!
Bandit is working on being a goody goody.

07-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ429
i have never had another mustang driver acknowledge me on the road ."
LOL,i wave at every one i see.I think they think im stupid or somtin,but i dun care.They'll catch on someday,hehe-
  Send a message via Yahoo to Bandit  
No waves, just revs or nothing.
Old
  (#29)
Explaced
15-Second Member
Explaced is working on being a goody goody.

No waves, just revs or nothing. - 07-28-2006

People rev at me around here, but I can't tell if it's a challenge or a respectful rev. I almost never get a wave. It's almost always nothing or a rev.

--Manning
http://www.manningtrance.com/

'06 Tungsten Gray V6 - 5 speed manual, Deluxe
Mods: - MAC Axleback
http://explaced.blogspot.com/

First Mustang - GT 2003: Auto w/ 4.10 rear, MAC Cat-back, Magnaflow Catted X, Ford Racing C springs, Diablo tune.

Old
  (#30)
blackice
15-Second Member
blackice is working on being a goody goody.

07-28-2006

I usually get no love from other Mustangs. Unfortunately I don't think a lot of people around here get it. The other day a guy in an 02 V6 gave me the thumbs up, and the week before another guy with an 05 Roush gave me the nod. My most memorable one was in Newport RI back in March. I was sitting in traffic and this guy in a beautiful black '67 fastback is waiting to make the turn. Of course I let him go and he gave me the thumbs up and "nice car". I was grinning for the rest of the day after that one...