Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Mustang Pride!!!!
Old
  (#1)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

Thumbs up Mustang Pride!!!! - 07-27-2006

Mustang pride baby!!!!

Yep, so lately, I have been taking a lot of daily joy rides. Yes, eats up gas but this being the 3rd forum melt down I have been through, I have realized something. I’m here for the stang…and I need to enjoy it.

So every day or every other day, I try to go cruising. I know some of you know this, because I have told you in PM’s or what not.

Today’s cruise was probably the best so far, cause I saw 3 instances of Mustang pride. Not V6 pride, not V8 pride, not Cobra pride, but MUSTANG pride.

Taking the long way home from work, GNR Yesterdays blaring in the background, I traded respect with the following stang owners:

o 03 white cobra: Guy had his 8 year old girl in the car, he pulls up next to me, she is smiling as he is looking over, I look over, smile, give a thumbs up and a wave, and he does the same. We rev and then I take my exit.
o 05 Silver GT: He was behind me for about a few miles, I pull over to let him come up beside me. Both of us are grinning ear to ear, he gives a big wave and wave back. Then he takes his exit to Ashburn Va.
o 02 Red V6 vert: He has the top down…..has his girl in the car….I give him a thumbs up and he take a right turn waving.

See, being a mustang owner is a part of American history. Sure, it has a bad ass part, the racing aspect, showing 70K sports cars we can hand their ass to them if we want, etc.
But ultimately, its about being a member of a club, about pride and an American legend.

It’s days like today that just puts huge grin on my face.

So lets hear it, lets hear about your experience like this one. Who cares about engine size, its about the fact that we drive mustangs!

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8

Last edited by rygen; 08-08-2006 at 07:57 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
The Following User Says Thank You to rygen For This Useful Post:
d stang (08-04-2013)
Old
  (#2)
ranebowcyxx
V6 N/A ET Leader
ranebowcyxx has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

07-27-2006

Shared three waves with Stangs today, one yellow :) a black cobra- and a really sharp s197 V6 in red with a couple of visual mods. Got waves back from them all.

It was cool feeling each time.

Old
  (#3)
blazen
Collective Permanent Resident
blazen is working on being a goody goody.

07-27-2006

I almost NEVER get waves, allthough I wave at other Mustang drivers, But I have got complete strangers go out of there way to talk to me about my Mustang and how much they love the new body style, and sometimes about whatever old hotrod they had or want to get. That kind of thing always outs a smile on my face and give me a boost in mustang pride.

Sorry that's about the best I can come up with. I mainly have to come on here to really be able to talk to other Mustang lovers. Maybe I'm just to freaky looking for most people to talk to in person LOL (yes I know I'm leaving myself open for something)

View my VbGarage Here
  Send a message via Yahoo to blazen  
Old
  (#4)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

07-27-2006

LOL. Yea, after you posted pics of yourself, I'd say its you. Just kidding man. It will happen, give it time.

Mustang pride/ Ford Pride
Old
  (#5)
acmustang
Official Collective Vendor
acmustang is working on being a goody goody.

Mustang pride/ Ford Pride - 07-27-2006

several instances this spring and summer so far.

In may we took approximately 25 SVT Vehicles( primarily mustangs and lightnings ) from Massachusetts to West Virginia. all in a row, talk about looks, traffic stops etc

The guys in there classic mustangs waving to me on my way from denver up to steamboat springs in june. yes i drove my car 2175 miles 1 way for a mustang event.

The guy in the white cobra that waved and played around through St. Louis.

The guy in the Jetta in Denver that new he was beat but wanted to see me get on it!

Three kids in honda civics that invited us to their hangout because they though we had the coolest cars around. never thought a bunch of coffee can civic kids had a interest in Mustangs.

the kid in the 6cycl camaro that soon realized we both had a V8.

I feel pride and happiness everytime i drive my car down the street, unless i get stuck in the rain then i get aggitated and irritable. What a roller coast of emotions it is to own a Mustang.

Old
  (#6)
blazen

07-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygen
LOL. Yea, after you posted pics of yourself, I'd say its you. Just kidding man. It will happen, give it time.
LOL, that's what I was waiting for. Nah I know I'm kind of a scary looking guy, I deal with it LOL

Actually this mustang pride is one of the reason I'm looking forward to the FFW in Topeka here pretty soon. A chance to be around other people as obsessed (or more) with their cars as me.

View my VbGarage Here
Old
  (#7)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

07-27-2006

[quote=blazen351]I almost NEVER get waves, allthough I wave at other Mustang drivers, But I have got complete strangers go out of there way to talk to me about my Mustang and how much they love the new body style, and sometimes about whatever old hotrod they had or want to get. That kind of thing always outs a smile on my face and give me a boost in mustang pride.

I also get more comments and compliments from those who don't own Mustangs. I was sitting at the stop light the other morning in downtown Detroit and had the top down. The guy driving the taxi next to me said, "now that's the way to drive to work -- beautiful car, Ford knew what they were doing with that one". Stopped for gas and the other people filling their cars called out "beautiful car"

Also saw a GT500 on I-94 with manufacturer plates on it. The woman driving saw me trying to get a look at it so she slowed down, gave a smile and wave and then hit it.

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#8)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

07-27-2006

Mustangers occassionally wave back at me, but more often than not it's either really young girls, or 50-something guys, that go Nuckin' Futs trying to get through traffic to tell me they like my car. I had a guy about a week ago, in a newer Suburban, pulling a 25' trailer full of some sort of construction gear, dicing traffic to get beside me at a light. Just to tell me he liked the car and he's thinking about getting one. Not 3 miles later, a car load of HS age chicks in an Acura TL do the same thing. Hanging out the windows and the sunroof, yellin'! Made me wish I was 20 years younger! LOL!

Cool, to be sure, but damn! Ease up a bit!

Old
  (#9)
rygen
Administrator

07-27-2006

Funny you mention HS! Two weeks ago, I'm driving in my neighborhood....in the stang....and a car full of HS girls pulls along side me.....

....this young girls come half way out of the back window....screaming...

....."...hey man, I love your f'ing car...thats a sweet f'ing car man!!!"

I just said thanks and waved, hoping she would get back in the car. LOL.

Last edited by rygen; 07-27-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old
  (#10)
blazen

07-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygen
Funny you mention HS! Two weeks ago, I'm driving in my neighborhood....in the stang....and a car full of HS girls pulls along side me.....

....this young girls come half way out of the back window....screaming...

....."...hey man, I love your f'ing car...thats a sweet f'ing car man!!!"

I just said thanks and waved, hoping she would get back in the car. LOL.
Man I wish I didn't have such an ugly mug so some girls would holler at me and my car LOL

View my VbGarage Here