Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Where Did Everybody Go???
Old
  (#1)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

Where Did Everybody Go??? - 08-04-2017

Ten years ago when I joined this board there were many many members posting everyday. There was a lot of activity, but now the board is pretty much dead. Some topics show that the most recent posts occurred years, months or weeks ago. A lot of people are looking, but very few post anymore. Only a hand full of members post on any type a regular basis. I wonder if people have lost interest in the Mustang or enthusiast hobby in general. Perhaps people have found other interests or just out grown the hobby and moved on. Any one have any ideas on the situation?

Old
  (#2)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

08-05-2017

There's still quite a few of us around. Sadly though, you'll find more activity on the social media site.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
05madmax (4 Weeks Ago)
Old
  (#3)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

08-05-2017

Also check out 4.0 heroeson facebook. A bunch of us on there too. I am an admin there. I still come here too but not alot going on.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to rampant racing For This Useful Post:
TexasBlownV8 (08-05-2017)
Old
  (#4)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

08-31-2017

The group feature on social media has put a severe hurtin on forums. Forums are better at structuring data, searching for writeups, and searches. However, the mobility and ease of the social media site has had quite the impact.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rygen For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (08-31-2017), JimC (08-31-2017), roddy (08-31-2017)
Old
  (#5)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

09-12-2017

Todd is correct. FB is putting many forums out of business, so to speak. There are no easy answers to reverse this trend.

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Old
  (#6)
RedfirePony
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!RedfirePony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

09-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Todd is correct. FB is putting many forums out of business, so to speak. There are no easy answers to reverse this trend.
Yeah, and what is sad is that many like myself refuse to have anything to do with social media. I dropped out of the Mustang club in my area because every thing was on Face Book and nothing current posted on the club's website. I'd rather be left out than be forced to join something like Face Book in order to participate.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedfirePony For This Useful Post:
roddy (09-13-2017)
Old
  (#7)
05madmax
Collective Spokes Person
05madmax is working on being a goody goody.

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfirePony View Post
Yeah, and what is sad is that many like myself refuse to have anything to do with social media. I dropped out of the Mustang club in my area because every thing was on Face Book and nothing current posted on the club's website. I'd rather be left out than be forced to join something like Face Book in order to participate.
Wow this is sad to see happen. Facebook has it's easier but loses the ability as started for searches and sticky topics.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Appearance:
SHR flush louvers, CDC ducktail spoiler, plenum cover

Performance:
Procharger w/ 3" pulley, 2-core intercooler, 39# injectors, MAC LT headers, race ready cutouts, h-pipe, dual flowmaster 40s

Old
  (#8)
Neko-
15-Second Member
Neko- will become famous when the world comes to an end.

3 Weeks Ago

Not The only forum Iím om that this is happening to

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2002 Mustang GT
*** Pony far away from home ***
Silver Mustang Registry member : #0009

Send a message via MSN to Neko-