Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

Custom Homebuilder tips?
Old
  (#1)
05madmax
Collective Spokes Person
05madmax is working on being a goody goody.

Custom Homebuilder tips? - 10-02-2017

Since I know there are members from all walks of life on here I thought I would post in here.

my wife and I are looking at buying an inventory home from a custom homebuilder. He is not from a major builder company. He is a one off and curious what types of tips tricks I could use in negotiating.

the house has been on the market for 3 months; not sure how much of that time was in its construction phase.

I was originally thinking to be creative and suggest as a negotiating tactic to help him keep the value of the home is that we negotiate a price and rather than sell it at a reduced price and cause a precedence future buyers will see, to agree on the amount and make it a builders incentive for the difference between the asking price and agreed price.

can he write that incentive amount off or claim it as a deduction or something like that so that it also benefits him?

figure if he is able to then it is a win win for us and the builder.

Appearance:
SHR flush louvers, CDC ducktail spoiler, plenum cover

Performance:
Procharger w/ 3" pulley, 2-core intercooler, 39# injectors, MAC LT headers, race ready cutouts, h-pipe, dual flowmaster 40s