Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > Suggestion / Request Box

Old
  (#41)
jcoria
10-Second Member
jcoria is a total phucktard

02-16-2014

I see..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Power mods: JLT CAI, JBA shorty headers, GT H-pipe, Dual Flowmaster 40s.

Exterior: Roush front fascia, aftermarket hood scoop, GT fog light grill, custom hood back panel and door hinges paint job.

Old
  (#42)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

02-16-2014

The biggest benefit is cooling of the air. In f/i systems, the intake air charge is compressed, causing it to heat up. Use of a methanol/water mixture helps cool down the heated air. Even when an intercooler is used, injection can reduce air temps. Lower air temps produce more power. Increased octane from methanol can result in more power if tuned for it.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

Old
  (#43)
jcoria
10-Second Member

02-16-2014

I've been thinking that I want a v8 swap but I need to feed the pig..

Exterior: Roush front fascia, aftermarket hood scoop, GT fog light grill, custom hood back panel and door hinges paint job.

Old
  (#44)
TexasBlownV8
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoria View Post
I've been thinking that I want a v8 swap but I need to feed the pig..

sell the pigs, then come and get the v8

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

Old
  (#45)
jcoria
10-Second Member

02-16-2014

Noo offense but what you are asking is a little to high for me mike. I called a junk yard and they wanted $1700 for the engine. Im going to look for the cheapest option possible since I might have to pay for labor.

Old
  (#46)
TexasBlownV8

02-16-2014

Oh I know, and no offense taken. You could tell me "Mike, you're f'n crazy, too much", and I wouldn't get offended. But this engine has practically no miles, is clean and has no wear, whereas a junkyard is, well, who knows how it was taken care of. If the engine had 50k miles on it, I would totally agree.
And, if you look around, you might find most of all of what you need for a swap, including trans, for 2k. I can give you the number of the guy in San Antonio who runs a shop and is where I got my engine and swap-stuff from.

Old
  (#47)
jcoria
10-Second Member

02-16-2014

How do you know it has very low miles?

Old
  (#48)
TexasBlownV8

02-16-2014

No wear on the components. I've removed the valve covers, the cams/chains and related parts are like new. Much unlike other motors I've torn into. Plugs are clean and nearly new, no carbon. No exhaust carbon build-up. etc. etc.
(this discussion should probably be carried on in a different thread )
At first I was skeptical, but after looking at it closely, I can see that this is a new engine. I was like, "daaaamn! this f'er is still new!" Hence my reluctance to "dump it" for cheap. I may just use it myself

Last edited by TexasBlownV8; 02-16-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Old
  (#49)
jcoria
10-Second Member

02-16-2014

True sorry I was just curious...

Old
  (#50)
jcoria
10-Second Member

02-16-2014

I'm going to aim for a swap within the next few years unless I find an exceptional deal on a supercharger witch dissent happen too often. I was reading on another forum that Jim c only paid about $2500 for his x charger extreme!! That was a hell of a deal!!