Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

Auto to Tr-3650 swap tutorial?
Old
  (#1)
Brandon01994
Brandon01994 is working on being a goody goody.

Auto to Tr-3650 swap tutorial? - 11-20-2013

Hello everyone, let me start off by saying this is my first post on an automotive forum! I have recently come into the situation of my auto trans (2003 GT) being in needs of repairs quoted at $1300. So my father and i decided to spend the cash ourselves and grab everything we need to do the swap over to manual.

My dad is a pretty handy guy and has swapped an auto 4 speed into his 2 speed gto back in the day, but hes not sure on the specifics of my car and would like to reassure himself that he will know what to do when we come to a speed bump in the process. I am pretty handy for a 19 year old but i cant say i have done too much other than very basic bolt ons.

This leads me to my question for you guys: do you know of any tutorials / guidelines we can follow for the upcoming weekends? Again, we already have the parts needed. I have only been able to find swap tutorials from older years and newer years, i havent found one for the 99-04 auto to TR-3650 swaps though. not sure what the difference is between the other tremec transmissions either as far as swap procedure. So if there are any full guides out there, please help by shooting me a link if possible!

Any help is Greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Brandon01994; 11-20-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Old
  (#2)
fitbikeco
Collective: Factory Freak
fitbikeco is working on being a goody goody.

01-30-2014

Have you started / finished this project? You have to make sure you get a manual transmission computer. Other than that make sure the bellhousing bolts fit the clutch and driveshaft splines are compatible and the driveshaft is the right length. O yea and have fun installing the pedal pack. Not alot of room to work down there for sure.

SN95 LOVE

13.28 @ 105

Tags
auto, manual, swap, tr3650, tutorial