Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > NewEdge 4.6L Tech

Think I found a good deal on 03 Mach 1
Old
  (#1)
gmantheman
15-Second Member
gmantheman is working on being a goody goody.

Think I found a good deal on 03 Mach 1 - 03-23-2011

I found a 03 Mach 1 for sale for $8000 it does have 108,000 miles but it has a replaced motor and tranny with 40K miles The engine and tranny were replaced at a local Ford dealer with the correct engine and tranny. Also clutch only has 10K. It has a few mods such as L/T headers, prochamber, diablo and 4.30 gears, which I am not sure I would want. Here is the link:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2273099664.html __________

Also carfax and autocheck check out okay

Old
  (#2)
Mwood
The Collective is a way of life!!!
Mwood will become famous when the world comes to an end.

03-23-2011

What do you drive now? If you like the body style (I don't) it sounds like a good deal. Do you live near it?

Old
  (#3)
Downtime!
I'm a Legend In My Lime
Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.Downtime! is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

03-23-2011

Seems like a good deal, but you'd need to see the car first hand to know for sure. I love New Edge Stangs, and the Mach's are one of my absolute favorites, but if you're used to an S197 (especially the interior), you might be in for a disappointment.

Old
  (#4)
rygen
Administrator
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

03-23-2011

You currently have an 06 GT? I love the Mach1's, though Bryan is right, the interior takes getting used to. No matter how you adjust the seat, you feel like you are being hugged on your waist, and the seats seem to sit higher no matter what.

But, I did sit in a new edge last week that had after market seats and the experience was way better.

Would you keep both cars?

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#5)
gmantheman
15-Second Member

03-23-2011

A couple of weeks ago I test drove an 03 Cobra vert. Granted the interior didn't look as updated or luxurious as mine but the seats were more comfortable than mine. The ride was not as harsh as I expected. I have the MACH 1 is slighly more comfortable than the cobra.

Old
  (#6)
gmantheman
15-Second Member

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwood
What do you drive now? If you like the body style (I don't) it sounds like a good deal. Do you live near it?
I have an 06 Mustang GT. The black book value (not blue) on the MACH 1 is $12500. I do live near the seller. Hopefully I can take a look at it this week or weekend but looks like the rain will put a damper in that.

Old
  (#7)
28HopUp
Administrator
28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!28HopUp is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmantheman
I have an 06 Mustang GT. The black book value (not blue) on the MACH 1 is $12500. I do live near the seller. Hopefully I can take a look at it this week or weekend but looks like the rain will put a damper in that.
Why can't Californians drive their Mustangs in the rain?

[j/k]

I was on another forum recently where the discussion was about the values on Mach I's and New Edge GT's. It seemed like they were cheaper on the west coast for some reason. Most likely a result of supply & demand. That does seem like a good price, but be sure to look it over closely and make sure it has everything you want. Don't settle for an option or color you're not fond of (although that red is purdy!). Although they aren't close to 100% reliable, run a CARFAX to see if anything jumps out. In California, you can also check emission history on a car through its VIN (a good method to verify if the stated mileage is accurate).

1988 SSP - Pierce County Sheriff Dept #1310
To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember,
the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police
chasing down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 03-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Old
  (#8)
gmantheman
15-Second Member

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Why can't Californians drive their Mustangs in the rain?

[j/k]

I was on another forum recently where the discussion was about the values on Mach I's and New Edge GT's. It seemed like they were cheaper on the west coast for some reason. Most likely a result of supply & demand. That does seem like a good price, but be sure to look it over closely and make sure it has everything you want. Don't settle for an option or color you're not fond of (although that red is purdy!). Although they aren't close to 100% reliable, run a CARFAX to see if anything jumps out. In California, you can also check emission history on a car through its VIN (a good method to verify if the stated mileage is accurate).
I drive my mustang in the rain all the time. I am just not too fond of checking out a car in the rain. I do like the color and the mods he has on it. I will take out the subwoofers and at first I wasn't too fond of the 4.30 gears but I believe the RPMs wouldn't be any different than my car with the 4.10s.

Old
  (#9)
Scord
Collective Pink Bite Sized Bastage
Scord is working on being a goody goody.

03-23-2011

If it has long tube headers... it will NEVER pass California smog... Legally... I would know... I have them.

Old
  (#10)
gmantheman
15-Second Member

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scord
If it has long tube headers... it will NEVER pass California smog... Legally... I would know... I have them.
The previous owner swaps out with the stock manifold every two years. The car just passes smog at the end of Jan. I do know someone who knows someone that has a smog hook-up. One of my friends passsed smog with a L/T headers and o/r prochamber