Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Vendor Forums > X-Charger Superchargers (EE)

E testing in ontario with bama tune.
Old
  (#1)
grabber orange fury
11-Second Member
grabber orange fury has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

E testing in ontario with bama tune. - 03-16-2015

Im running the xcharger extreme, with a few extra mods and its etesting time for me this summer and I want to find out how I get my sticker with a supercharged engine and the 02 sensors off. Most of us are turned off. anyone had any experience in passing an etest? I run 94 on a bama chips tune. There must be a way to pass an etest.

Also debating on selling the mustang, its got 90,000 KM all leather all power, and im wondering what they are going for?

giddy up

Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

03-16-2015

I am due for my first e test this july. they must be turned back on . you need a custom tune to do that. go see mark at marken performance in Kitchener. he did my dyno tune. he will be doing n e test tune for me soon.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#3)
roddy
Collective Spokes Person
roddy has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

03-16-2015

I was worried about mine as well when I went in for my first test. You are allowed 1 "not ready" from your computer. I expected to see that on my rear O2 sensors, but I did not. I had a not ready for the EGR system...passed no problem. I believe you are allowed 1 re-test as well (someone please speak up if I am wrong). I would book the test and do it. If it doesn't pass, contact AM/Bama (free tunes for life, right?), and have them sent you an emissions tune...they probably get that request quite often.

no man with a good car needs to be justified...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roddy For This Useful Post:
grabber orange fury (04-07-2015), rampant racing (03-17-2015)
Old
  (#4)
Nice Pony
Mod Junkie
Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-18-2015

Justin at VMP does emissions tunes for the X-Charger

2006 V6 Coupe Premium - Pony Package
Torch Red - Interior Upgrade - Leather
Explorer Express - X-Charger SuperX TVS @ 14PSI (Prototype)
Tremec - TR6060 6-Speed Manual Transmission (Prototype)
342RWHP 347RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)

See Full List In My Garage

The Following User Says Thank You to Nice Pony For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (03-18-2015)
Old
  (#5)
grabber orange fury
11-Second Member
grabber orange fury has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

06-07-2017

Holy late update:

Absolutely AM does etest tuning. Turns out here in canada our e tests are based a faults, not parts per million, or PPM. Went to my local shop, tested to see. It failed. 3 faults. EGR, O2 sensors off, and the third one has been a long time, but as roddy mentioned you will still pass in Canada with 1 fault. I called AM tuning, free tunes for life- they sent me a tune with the O2 sensors turned on, EGR correction, and the third wasn't s addressed because we were allowed one fault. Tuned it up, stay off the boost, and drove it to test. Passed no issues. Loaded original tune back on the car, thus turning the O2 and EGR off again, and stickered legit.

giddy up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grabber orange fury For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (06-07-2017), roddy (06-07-2017), TexasBlownV8 (06-07-2017)
Old
  (#6)
Mr. Ugly
Collective ADDICT!
Mr. Ugly is a total phucktard

06-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber orange fury View Post
I called AM tuning, free tunes for life- they sent me a tune with the O2 sensors turned on, EGR correction, and the third wasn't s addressed because we were allowed one fault. Tuned it up, stay off the boost, and drove it to test. Passed no issues. Loaded original tune back on the car, thus turning the O2 and EGR off again, and stickered legit.
This was a generic smog tune and not specifically for the X?

This is what they told me when I tried to get an update.

Quote:
My name is Luis from Bama Performance and thank you for the request. Unfortunately we no longer offer tuning for aftermarket forced induction vehicles. I understand you received a tune from Bama Performance years when Mike Wilson was here, however, that was 5 years ago and won't be able to provide any additional updates. You can certainly go to any dyno shop and see what they can do for you. If you need anything else, let us know. Have a great day!
Enthusiastically,
Luis Ortiz,
Lead Calibrator & Production Supervisor
The tune I was running already was a Bama emissions tune for the X, but the EGR was disabled. They refused to redo the tune with EGR enabled.

Just as well anyway. Both their street and emissions tunes had a part throttle engine knock under load.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!

AEM wideband| Autometer Sport Comp vac/boost gauge | MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires | JBA Silver Ceramic shorties | FRPP X, Dynomax Bullets, Pype Bomb deletes | Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft | 8.8, t-lok, 3.73 | H&R Race springs | Tokico D-Specs & remote adjusters | Shelby Fays2 watts link | J&M lower control arms | J&M upper control arm | J&M lower control arm brackets | J&M camber plates | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | DD Cobra R wheels 18x9/10 | Nitto 555 Tires 255/45, 285/40 | Steeda X5 ball joints | Steeda bumpsteer kit | Steeda front control arm bushing kit | GT takeoff brakes | California Sunscreen 35%/25% tints | Redline hood lifts | Trunk blackout panel | Zabteck throttle body | Ford Accessories GT/CS F/R Fascia