Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 3.7 Tech

One more thing
Old
  (#1)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

One more thing - 10-05-2016

This car is cursed.

I was on I94 this morning, multi mile back up due to an accident. A mile from my exit, and the car suddenly erupts with steam. Pulled over right away, thank you fellow drivers for giving me the space immediately.

Popped the hood expecting a blown hose, but not the case. Dumbass me then grabs the cap on the degas bottle and get a small burn on my hand from steam. Turned the key to "on" and walked back to the front of the car. Shouldn't the fan be running? I noticed the last two evenings after a slow moving back ups the head temp spiked. My guess is that the fan isn't working.

Maybe Pat is right. The car is cursed. She said that as much as I don't want a car payment, it may be time to replace.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Now with twin turbo 3.5LV6.
Screw you photobucket! I'm not going to pay you to now use my own pictures

Old
  (#2)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

10-05-2016

fan not running or did a head gasket finally let go after the turbo issues you had ?

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#3)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO
JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.JimC is a splendid one to behold..if you are drunk.

10-05-2016

I think that it is the fan. This engine never had a turbo on it. Last night the spike temperature came back to normal as soon as I was rolling and was fine in town

The Following User Says Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (10-05-2016)
Old
  (#4)
VistaBlue09
X-Charged Pony
VistaBlue09 will become famous when the world comes to an end.

10-05-2016

Buy back your '06 maybe? :-)

2009 Vista Blue V6 Premium w/Pony Package
X-Charger Xtreme #276
Custom Duals, SVT 8.8 T-Lok w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Roush rear springs, GT front brakes, 255/50R17 tires, GT500KR rear spoiler, and some underhood and exterior styling

Old
  (#5)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlue09 View Post
Buy back your '06 maybe? :-)
Thought about that many times!

Old
  (#6)
Nice Pony
Mod Junkie
Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Nice Pony is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

10-05-2016

Jim... I hate to say but that car need an Exorcism!

2006 V6 Coupe Premium - Pony Package
Torch Red - Interior Upgrade - Leather
Explorer Express - X-Charger SuperX TVS @ 14PSI (Prototype)
Tremec - TR6060 6-Speed Manual Transmission (Prototype)
342RWHP 347RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)

See Full List In My Garage

The Following User Says Thank You to Nice Pony For This Useful Post:
JimC (10-06-2016)
Old
  (#7)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

10-05-2016

this is just something simple jim suss it out and move on. it's a beautiful car. mine has had a horrible history as well with trees falling on it and motor issues etc. its all a part of it man. keep on truckin!

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#8)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

10-05-2016

It does sound like a fan (or related circuit) issue.
On my '05, I wired up indicator LEDs to know when the PCM is commanding either low speed or high speed fan operation, so that I can see the effects of when the fan is supposed to come on, and make sure it is on when it should be. I did this after my trip to the Brawl a few years ago and the car got a little hot while stopped in Ohio. When I got to the hotel and talked to Lee, we unplugged and replugged in the fan connector, and I didn't have any other issues that week.

I guess the point is, Jim, it could be as simple as a fan relay or fuse, or indeed a bad fan. You might also try carefully 'kick-starting' the fan by hand and see if it comes on when you have the a/c on and idling. I had a fan fail like that, intermittently, where it would run sometimes, but other times it would not start; of course the fan motor was the problem.

Hopefully it is something simple and you didn't hurt anything.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
JimC (10-06-2016), rampant racing (10-05-2016)
Old
  (#9)
JimC
Twin Turbo SHO

10-06-2016

Just heard from the shop. Fan sensor is the problem. They ordered the part and expect it tomorrow. Will get that done, replace coolant, and plan to drive back to Detroit Saturday to pick it up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimC For This Useful Post:
firestang70 (10-06-2016), rampant racing (10-06-2016), TexasBlownV8 (10-06-2016)