Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 4.0 Tech

rods and pistons discontinued
Old
  (#1)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

rods and pistons discontinued - 01-20-2017

just spoke with manley performance and modular mustang racing and was told that the 4.0 l pistons and rods for our motors have been discontinued . mmr had them custom made and are not getting any more so those of us that need them are out of luck. if I need a replacement piston or rod I will have to find a different manufacturer and replace ALL THE PISTONS AND RODS!!! I am not a happy camper at this point. just thought I would bring this to everyone's attention who may be contemplating buying pistons and rods from manley. they will only produce 40 pieces at a time I was told today.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to rampant racing For This Useful Post:
roddy (01-20-2017)
Old
  (#2)
0BlackBeauty5
15-Second Member
0BlackBeauty5 is a total phucktard

01-20-2017

What other companys produce them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
05madmax
Collective Spokes Person
05madmax is working on being a goody goody.

08-06-2017

Doesn't super six sell them?

Appearance:
SHR flush louvers, CDC ducktail spoiler, plenum cover

Performance:
Procharger w/ 3" pulley, 2-core intercooler, 39# injectors, MAC LT headers, race ready cutouts, h-pipe, dual flowmaster 40s

Old
  (#4)
EJSchmidt
Work hard, play harder.
EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!EJSchmidt is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

08-08-2017

As far as I'm aware SSM still sells them. There just wasn't ever a significant demand driver from the 4.0 market.

4.0 - Breathing Better
4 Points of Contact - Sticking Better
Driver - Still Slow
349rwhp 362rwtq

In the hunt for 400 at the wheels.

I got moderated by Lisa.

Coming Soon: More Power, more traction, more fast!

Old
  (#5)
rampant racing
FULL OF NOT SO HOT AIR
rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.rampant racing is a glorious beacon of light, or more like a strobe light when you got a migrane.

08-10-2017

price them from ssm. highway robbery. there cams are way too expensive as well. I got my cams custom ground at crane for half what ssm charges. honestly the stock stuff is pretty tough its all in the tune look at brumby and what he is doing with stock motor. better rod bolts and a great tune are good for 600 engine hp with a turbo. it has been proven.

2008 pony, candy red,8.8 with 4.10's/tloc,,sctx3 tuner,MT28X11.5X15 STREET ET SLICKS
custom 2" stainless headers & duals with gt takeoff muffs,lakewood upper & umi lower control arms and panhard bar,shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, vortech v3 blower with air to air intercooler running 16psi, COOLINGMIST METH INJECTION KIT. ported n polished heads with custom manley stainless steel valves. manley rods and pistons. new motor combo is not yet dyno tuned. new best time is 12.46 at 110.66mph but the limiter was set for 110 mph lol.

Old
  (#6)
0BlackBeauty5
15-Second Member
0BlackBeauty5 is a total phucktard

08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant racing View Post
price them from ssm. highway robbery. there cams are way too expensive as well. I got my cams custom ground at crane for half what ssm charges. honestly the stock stuff is pretty tough its all in the tune look at brumby and what he is doing with stock motor. better rod bolts and a great tune are good for 600 engine hp with a turbo. it has been proven.
He just needs some heads and cams. And hed be set to make a killer number.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to 0BlackBeauty5 For This Useful Post:
rampant racing (08-11-2017)