Thread: One more thing
View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.TexasBlownV8 is just really nice, in an annoying Ryan Seacrest sort of way.

10-05-2016

It does sound like a fan (or related circuit) issue.
On my '05, I wired up indicator LEDs to know when the PCM is commanding either low speed or high speed fan operation, so that I can see the effects of when the fan is supposed to come on, and make sure it is on when it should be. I did this after my trip to the Brawl a few years ago and the car got a little hot while stopped in Ohio. When I got to the hotel and talked to Lee, we unplugged and replugged in the fan connector, and I didn't have any other issues that week.

I guess the point is, Jim, it could be as simple as a fan relay or fuse, or indeed a bad fan. You might also try carefully 'kick-starting' the fan by hand and see if it comes on when you have the a/c on and idling. I had a fan fail like that, intermittently, where it would run sometimes, but other times it would not start; of course the fan motor was the problem.

Hopefully it is something simple and you didn't hurt anything.

Mike - Three turbos, two Mustangs...do the math.

"Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, twin-turbos; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension.

(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & custom a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PowerHouse Turbo, TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasBlownV8 For This Useful Post:
JimC (10-06-2016), rampant racing (10-05-2016)